- Malaysian Revelations Highlight Price of Israeli Rejectionism. Gee, John // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p45
The article reports on three letters from Malaysia's former Prime Minister Doctor Mahathir bin Mohamed to his Israeli counterparts. The letters were published by the Malaysian Foreign Ministry on February 29, 2012. The letters highlighted the willingness of Malaysia to normalize relations with...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Malaysia Business Forecast Report;2006 4th Quarter, p5
The article presents political forecasts for Malaysia until 2009. The ruling party, United Malays National Organization, will remain in power until 2008 and support for Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi is expected to grow because of his reform agenda. However, the government's conflict with former...
- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT. // Malaysia Country Profile;2006, p7
The article presents information on the government structure and political condition in Malaysia. The United Malays National Organization (UMNO) is the leading political party in the country. Malaysia was ruled by former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammad for 22 years. The article also discusses...
- Asian Dimension. Bin Mohamad, Mahathir // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p20
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad of Malaysia at the 15th Anniversary Symposium of the Institute for International Policy Studies in Japan on June 3, 2003 which dealt with Asian countries.
- Malaysia's Mahathir quits ruling party. // Asian Pacific Post;5/22/2008, p29
The article announces the resignation of Mahathir Mohamad, former prime minister of Malaysia, from the ruling party.
- Tun M fears abuse of power if PR takes over. // Malay Mail;6/14/2012, p8
The article reports that former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is concerned that a victory of the opposition in the 13th general election in Malaysia will lead to abuse of power by leaders of Pakatan Rakyat (PR).
- Malaysian PM denounces homosexuality. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/18/2003, Issue 821, p35
Reports that Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad denounced homosexuality during his National Day speech on August 31, 2003. Mohamad's claim that the culture of violence and sex is being spread via the television and videos from the West.
- Malay media mavens move out. Tsang, Susan // Variety;09/07/98, Vol. 372 Issue 4, p31
Reports on how Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad handles the media in his country. Issue on the resignation of two senior newspaper editors; How the opposition leaders see the spate of resignations.
- WORLD NEWS: MALAYSIA. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;10/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p27
Reports that Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has denounced homosexuality during the country's National Day Speech on August 31, 2003.