- BMI VIEW: ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/23/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
The article focuses on an opinion poll in the Philippines conducted by Social Weather Station which showed opposition candidates ahead of the pro-administration counterparts in the May 14, 2007 congressional elections. The author alleges that though President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo may...
- Poll says GOP on wrong track. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/10/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 32, p5
The article presents the results on a survey conducted by U.S. Republican pollster Bill McInturff and Democratic pollster Peter D. Hart emphasizing a cautionary sign for a Republican Party pursuing deep budget cuts.
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on the political, economic, and business risks in Vietnam including the reinforcement of its bilateral ties with Cambodia, the expected deficit of 30.1 trillion Viet Nam Dong (VND) in H111 in the fiscal budget, and the implementation of a new Minerals Law in July 2011.
- SRI LANKA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the country risk faced by the government of Sri Lanka including the denied appeal of Sarath Fonseka to keep his parliamentary seat, the budget deficit is forecasted to 7.6% of gross domestic product, and the removal of payment for construction cost.
- Country Risk Summary: SLOVENIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on economic and political risks facing Slovenia. The 'UDBA affair,' in which high profile politicians were publicly accused of having collaborated with the former Yugoslav secret police, the UDBA, had the potential to seriously destabilise the country's political structure....
- SRI LANKA. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p8
Presents a country risk summary on Sri Lanka. Removal of the ban on Tamil Tiger rebels by the government; Economic growth target of the country; Use of the privatization proceeds to finance the budget deficit.
- Voters: Pentagon should bear the brunt in taming of deficit. Seligman, Lara // Hill;2/25/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on the survey conducted by the Pulse Opinion Research on February 21, 2013, which shows that majority of 1000 voters believe that reduction on the America's debt is more significant than maintaining the existing level of military and domestic programs.
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on the economic, political and business risks assessed in Slovakia for 2005. Slovaks are the most upbeat central Europeans about membership of the European Union, regional opinion polls have suggested in the run-up to the first anniversary of the bloc's...
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Oct2006, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p7
This article presents information related to country risk in Panama. A recent public opinion poll suggests that both the support and opposition to the planned expansion of the Panama Canal have risen. It is predicted that the country's gross domestic product for 2006 could be as high as 8.096...