The Art Of Effective Communication
- Banking regulation and market forces in Australia. Thomson, Di; Abbott, Malcolm // International Review of Financial Analysis;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p69
The purpose of this paper is to use Kane's notion of the regulatory dialectic to analyse the changing nature of bank regulation in Australia. Throughout Australia's economic history, economic regulation of the Australian banking system has not been static but has responded to changes in...
- A Prudent Central Banker. Ruge-Murci�, Francisco J. // IMF Staff Papers;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p456
This paper studies the role of prudence in modern central banking. To that end, it relaxes the usual assumption of quadratic preferences and adopts instead an asymmetric preference specification whereby positive deviations from a target can be weighted more, or less, severely than negative...
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2002, p18
Reports on developments concerning foreign central banks as of January 1, 2002. Monetary policy targets; Current account balances at the Bank of Japan; Argentina's overnight interbank rate; U.S. Federal Open Market Committee's reduction of the intended level of the overnight federal funds rate.
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2002, p18
Presents trends among foreign central banks as of September 2002. Monetary policy targets; Comparison of currency areas.
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2002, p18
No abstract available.
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2003, p18
Reports on news and developments concerning foreign central banks. U.S. Federal Reserve's Open Market Committee's decision to maintain its federal funds rate target; European Central Bank's reduction of its main policy rate; Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee's retention of its policy...
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2003, p18
Examines foreign central banks from 2001 to 2003. Monetary policy targets; Changes in policy rates; Federal funds rate.
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2004, p18
Reports on developments in foreign central banks in 2004. Monetary Policy Committee's raising of the Bank of England's policy rate by 25 basis points; Bank of Japan's maintenance of current "extremely easy monetary policy" of quantitative easing; Increase in inflation in China relative to the...
- Fear and Loathing of Central Banks in America. Bryan, Michael F.; Champ, Bruce D. // Economic Commentary;6/1/2002, p1
Details the rise and fall of the Banks of the United States, the attempts to establish a central banking and the development of the Federal Reserve System.