Free Speech Concerns
- Cambodia's Coalition Chaos. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
July's general election brought victory for Prime Minister Hun Sen and his ruling Cambodian People's Party. But a coalition government will almost certainly have to be formed to secure a parliamentary majority. BMI View: Both opposition parties appear unlikely to agree. Months of uncertainty may...
- Leader Biography/Photograph. // Cambodia Country Review;2001/2002, p23
Profiles Hun Sen, prime minister of Cambodia. Date and place of birth; Civil status; Children; Education; Previous positions.
- Leader Biography. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Cambodia Country Review;2013, p56
The article profiles Cambodia Prime Minister Hun Sen.
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
Eight months after the July 2003 elections, Cambodia still has no government. The Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen came first in the elections, but fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to rule alone. Despite the paralysis, Hun Sen continues to run the government....
- Local Elections Confirm CPP Is Still Dominant. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the landslide victory of Cambodian People's Party (CPP) spearheaded by Prime Minister Hun Sen in Cambodia. The CCP had won 7,993 commune seats out of 11, 353 available, presenting the 70% of total seats. The 7,993 consisted with 1,591 chiefs, 1125 first deputy chiefs, 185...
- Reducing the Gap Between the Rich & the Poor. Sen, Samdech Hun // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p30
Presents an excerpt from the speech given by Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen on September 8, 2000 which deals with the ways to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor in the country.
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the economic condition in Cambodia as of 2007. Following high economic growth, Cambodia's pace of economic expansion will slow, as the garment sector comes under pressure from Vietnam's World Trade Organization accession and increased competition from China. Prime Minister...
- Hun Sen. Lee, M. // Hun Sen;2008, p1
A biography of Hun Sen, prime minister of Cambodia, is presented. Hun Sen was born on August 5, 1952 and educated at Lycï¿½e Indra Devi. He joined the Khmer Rouge guerilla organization but left the group due to disagreements with their policies, returning after their fall from power to serve...
- The Sihanouk Era: The King and I. Widyono, Benny // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;2/11/2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses the leadership style of Cambodian King Norodom Sihanouk. The revered monarch died after suffering a heart attack in October 2012. Sihanouk was said to be instrumental in establishing relations between Cambodia and the foreign community, particularly Western countries and...