CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
The article presents a risk summary on the political and economic condition of Cambodia for 2008-2009. The re-election of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen has extended his 23-year grip on power by another five years. The foreign direct investment (FDI) of the country has increased by 79.5% as...
- Venality Trumping Reform. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
The article talks about Cambodia's weak business environment. This condition, which is primarily due to widespread political corruption and the legacy of years of civil strife, ranks Cambodia 119th in Business Monitor International's global business environment ratings. The country's physical...
- Why it's important to undo Cambodia's coup. Abramowitz, Morton I. // Christian Science Monitor;7/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 166, p19
Opinion. Discusses what the world needs to do about Cambodia after Hun Sen's coup of governmental control in July of 1997. How Cambodia got in the situation it is in; Aspects of peace accords which were not implemented and allowed Hun Sen to gain power; The reaction of most governments to Hun...
- Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the economic and political conditions in Cambodia. Effect of terrorist attack on Bali, Indonesia in October 2002 on the security of the country; Announcement of China regarding the country's foreign debt; Uncertainty about the aid provided by European Union.
- CAMOBDIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Cambodia in 2010, with details on the three-day strike for wage hike and the positive trend of telecommunications sector of the country.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information on Cambodia's political, economic and business environment conditions.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
The article offers several topics in Cambodia including the move of Prime Minister Hun Sen to reconcile with Thailand, the growth of the country's gross domestic product (GDP), and the increase of net sales for Star-Cell, a TeliaSonera's Cambodian subsidiary.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
The article presents news briefs related to the government and economy of Cambodia. The National Assembly's approval of the proposal made by Prime Minister Hun Sen for reshuffle of senior government officials has brought less political risk. The increased of the country's gross domestic product...
- HUN SEN'S PRE-EMPTIVE COUP: Causes and Consequences. Peou, Sorpong // Southeast Asian Affairs;1998, p86
Examines the pro and cons of the pre-emptive coup in Cambodia led by Second Prime Minister Hun Sen in July 1997. Factors constituting a coup; Causes of the uprising of the coup; Consideration of the coup as a struggle for political leadership by Hun Sen; Political background of the country.