MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY
- SYSTEMIC RISK AND THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM. Hendricks, Darryll; Kambhu, John; Mosser, Patricia // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Nov2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p65
The article describes the features of the global financial system and the models with which researchers and central banks have approached the issues of financial stability and systemic risk. One section presents the classical case of systemic risk in a banking-dominated financial system. The...
- Banking regulation and market forces in Australia. Thomson, Di; Abbott, Malcolm // International Review of Financial Analysis;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p69
The purpose of this paper is to use Kane's notion of the regulatory dialectic to analyse the changing nature of bank regulation in Australia. Throughout Australia's economic history, economic regulation of the Australian banking system has not been static but has responded to changes in...
- A Prudent Central Banker. Ruge-Murci�, Francisco J. // IMF Staff Papers;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p456
This paper studies the role of prudence in modern central banking. To that end, it relaxes the usual assumption of quadratic preferences and adopts instead an asymmetric preference specification whereby positive deviations from a target can be weighted more, or less, severely than negative...
- A European view of global banking standards. Blount, Ed // ABA Banking Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p47
Presents the views of Tommaso Padoa-Schiopa of the European Central Bank on global banking standards. Information on the banking standard set by the Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems; Discussion on risk management in payment system and supervisory role of bank managers; Significance...
- Managing Too Big To Fail by Reducing Systemic Risk: Some Recent Developments. Stern, Gary H.; Feldman, Ron J. // Region (10453369);Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the efforts being done by central banks and like-minded entities in the U.S. to reduce systemic risk. Discussion of a proposal from Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. to enhance its ability to limits taxpayer bailouts is presented. The article also presents information on...
- Operational Risk Disclosures in Jordanian Commercials Banks: It's Enough. Haija, Mohammed Fawzi Abu El; Al Hayek, Ahmad Faysal // International Research Journal of Finance & Economics;Jan2012, Issue 83, p49
Transparency and disclosure is important ingredient of banking sector stability and this study focuses on assessing the current operational risk disclosure in Jordanian banks. So we focuses on the operational risk items that Jordanian banks disclose and if comply with the central bank of Jordan...
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2002, p18
Reports on developments concerning foreign central banks as of January 1, 2002. Monetary policy targets; Current account balances at the Bank of Japan; Argentina's overnight interbank rate; U.S. Federal Open Market Committee's reduction of the intended level of the overnight federal funds rate.
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2002, p18
Presents trends among foreign central banks as of September 2002. Monetary policy targets; Comparison of currency areas.
- Foreign Central Banks. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2002, p18
No abstract available.