CPP: Unity Not Guaranteed
- ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK: Cambodia and the Elusive Quest for Peace. Um, Khatharya // Southeast Asian Affairs;1998, p71
Focuses on the politics and government of Cambodia. Reaction of the international community on the political condition of the country; Overview of government and armed forces polarization; Impact of political turbulence on the economy; Societal implications of political instability.
- Political risk assessment in Cambodia. // Cambodia Economic Studies;2000, p47
Presents an overview of the political structure within Cambodia which offers business executives tools with which to evaluate strategic investments and entry alternatives into the area. Details of the government and political system that is in place; Major political parties; Military...
- The Pol Pot Alternative. // National Review;8/4/1989, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p14
The article focuses on the long disputed leadership issue in the Cambodian politics after the murder of its supreme leader and President Pol Pot in 1978. In a recent speech at the Heritage Foundation, Cambodian vice-president Danforth Quayle had discussed the issue of political instability in...
- Political Stability. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Equatorial Guinea Country Review;2013, p27
A political stability index for all countries is presented which is calculated based on a given country's record of peaceful transitions of power, ability of a government to stay in office and carry out its policies risk against risk credible risks of government collapse.
- Political Stability. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // France Country Review;2013, p86
The Political Stability Index covering all countries around the world in 2013 is presented.
- Political Stability. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // North Korea Country Review;2013, p69
The article presents the Political Stability Index of countries around the world based on a country's record of peaceful transition of power and the ability of its government to stay in power vis-a-vis risks of government collapse.
- Ruling UPFA: A Gradual Fall. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Dec2011, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p6
The article presents an outlook on the political condition in Sir Lank in 2011. It anticipates the deteriorating popularity of the United People's Freedom Alliance (UPFA), despite its long-running popularity and top position in the government. It forecasts the implications of the UPFA's...
- What Baker Should Tell Bush. Klein, Joe // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/13/2006, Issue 45, p17
The article suggests the restoration of some elements of the Baath Party into power in Iraq. The suggestion is in response to the failure of U.S. military campaign to stabilize Iraq. Strong U.S. financial and logistical support of an expanded Iraqi military would have to be part of the package,...
- CHINA'S PRAGMATIC MODERNISATION. Popp, Gary E.; Anwar, Syed Tariq // Contemporary Review;Jan89, Vol. 254 Issue 1476, p19
This article focuses on the China's pragmatic modernization. In China, 1987 began with campus and student demonstrations which were in favor of democracy and political reforms. These demonstrations later forced Hua Yaobang to resign from his post as Secretary-General of the Chinese Communist...