CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- That sound you heard on election night was a backfire. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p5
Comments on the changes in the law governing elections in Nevada. Key provisions; Impact of voting rights; Legality of one-party elections under the law; Beneficiaries of the law.
- The home vote. Curtis, Gregory // Texas Monthly;Dec94, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p5
Discusses the implementation of the `retail voting' law, passed in Texas in 1987, on the November 1994 Congressional elections. History of the law; Features; Advantages; Reasons why the system is worse that the old system.
- Election Reform Bill Could Hinder Students' Voting. Dervarics, Charles // Community College Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p3
Discusses the possible impacts of a 2002 U.S. reform bill designed to eliminate voting problems that affected the 2000 presidential election. Impact on the college students voting in the future; Implications of the ID provision; Senators supporting the election bill.
- State Redistricting Panel Cancels Second Draft of Maps. // India -- West;7/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 35, pA26
The article reports on the balloting done by the California Citizens Redistricting Commission to scratch the second draft of maps on June 9, 2011.
- Partisanship, Problems, and Promise. Goldman, Jonah H // Human Rights;Spring2005, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
This article presents the author's views on the role of the 2004 Elections in the reform on partisanship and voting problems and promises in the U.S. There were voting problems experienced during the 2004 Elections. Election officials were underfunded and understaffed which resulted in voter...
- Voting Machines We Can Count On. Reed, Ingrid // njbiz;8/6/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p10
The author comments on the efforts of the state of New Jersey to improve the way it runs elections. She relates that the state has used funding from federal Help America Vote Act to buy Direct Recording Electronic voting machines. She describes the action taken by the state attorney general's...
- GAO Report on Electronic Voting. // Congressional Digest;Nov2006, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p269
This article presents highlights from a General Accounting Office (GAO) report on electronic voting systems. The GAO was asked to determine if electronic voting systems are reliable and accurate, and what institutional mechanisms are best suited to ensure security of the systems. The report...
- Should Federal Standards For State Literacy Tests Be Established For Federal Elections? PRO. Kennedy, Robert F. // Congressional Digest;May62, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p148
Presents the views of U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy supporting the proposed establishment of literacy tests standards for the federal elections. Enactment of a federal law to make the completion of six grades of formal education sufficient qualification under any state literacy and educational...
- Should Federal Standards For State Literacy Tests Be Established For Federal Elections? CON. Johnston, Olin D. // Congressional Digest;May62, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p153
Presents the views of U.S. Senator Olin D. Johnston against the proposed establishment of literacy tests standards for the federal elections. Establishment of a uniform literacy requirement for voting; Control of elections by individual states; Rights and functions of states in the...