VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- DATAMONITOR: Vietnam. // Vietnam Country Profile;2010, p1
The article offers an analysis of the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure in Vietnam as of August 2010. It presents the strengths, challenges, prospects and future risks of the country's PESTLE structure. It mentions that the country's economic...
- Vietnam: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2005, p59
Presents information on Vietnam. Geography; History; Social conditions; Government; Political conditions; Foreign relations.
- Vietnam: Open for business but keeping grip on people. Senser, Robert A. // Christian Science Monitor;4/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 107, p19
Describes the political, social and economic condition of Vietnam under Hanoi regime. Allegations against Hanoi by the Very Venerable Thich Huyen Quang, patriarch of independent Unified Buddhist Church and Dr. Nguyen Dan Que.
- Vietnam Today Passing from Communism. Kolko, Gabriel // CounterPunch;Aug2012, p1
The article presents the author's views on Vietnam which he believes is suffering from the consequences of Communism. He states that the weaknesses of Communist parties in Vietnam have emerged and has resulted to a crises similar to those that caused the Soviet Union to fail. He discusses the...
- Vietnamâ€™s Second Revolution. Pond, Elizabeth // World Policy Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p107
An essay is presented on economic and political conditions in Vietnam. Particular focus is given to the role of young people under the age of 29 in Vietnam's economy and society. According to the author, this is the first generation to adopt of middle-class European mindset and standard of...
- Vietnam: In-depth PESTLE insights. // Vietnam Country Profile;2011, p1
The article focuses on the political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental (PESTLE) structures in Vietnam. It states that Vietnam jails political activists on a regular basis and did not allow any political dissent. It mentions that the global financial crisis has slowed...
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2008, p1
The article discusses the economic, social and political conditions in Vietnam. The country want to attract more foreign direct investment (FDI). State bonds in local currency were sold by the State Bank and the Ministry of Finance. The Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) still holds control of the...
- Vietnam. // CIA World Fact Book;2003, pN.PAG
Presents information on Vietnam, a country located in Southeastern Asia, as of January 2003. Background; Geography; Socio-economic status; Economic status; Politics and government; Foreign relations; Telecommunications and mass media; Military.
- Performance-based Legitimacy: The Case of the Communist Party of Vietnam and Doi Moi. Le Hong Hiep // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Aug2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p145
This article examines the link between the legitimation process of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) and its adoption of the Doi Moi (renovation) policy. It argues that socio-economic performance emerged as the single most important source of legitimacy for the CPV in the mid-1980s as its...