THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Thailand Quarterly Forecast Report;2004 2nd Quarter, p7
Presents the political outlook for Thailand as of April 2004, focusing on the leadership of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Criticisms on his authoritarian rule; Allegations against Shinawatra; Concerns over press freedom; Admission of the government of its deliberate silence over the...
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
This article overviews political, economic and business environment of Thailand as of May 2003. Veteran politician Banyat Bantadtan has replaced former Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai as head of Thailand's opposition Democratic Party.The party can now concentrate on winning support away from Prime...
- Crackdown Not Addressing Underlying Issues. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p3
The article provides an overview on the political conditions in Thailand from 2010 and beyond. It cites the implications of the imposition of military powers by Prime Minister (PM) Abhisit Vejjajiva to repress the Red Shirt protestors, who are supporters of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, such as...
- Thailand: Shrugging Off Political Noise. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p11
Assesses the economic and political conditions in Thailand as of March 3, 2006. Reaction of financial markets to the call of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to conduct a snap election for April 2; Market performance of the Thai baht; Economic growth of the country.
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Current Data. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p5
Presents information on the political and economic conditions of Thailand headed by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. List of government officials; Growth of gross domestic product; Ethnic groups.
- THAILAND Politicized Thaksinization. Panaspornprasit, Chookiat // Southeast Asian Affairs;2004, p257
Focuses on the study concerning the political system and economic condition in Thailand. Determination to dominate the Thai politics by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; International cooperation of the country with the neighboring countries; Promotion of the relations with Laos and Vietnam.
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
The article presents a political forecast for Thailand, which faces tension during the first half of 2006. Tension is not expected to abate even after Prime Minister Shinawatra Thaksin's decision to call for early elections. Because of the dissolution of the country's parliament, there has been...
- RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p2
The article presents information on political and economic conditions in Thailand. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has announced a major policy change, by promising a softer approach to the continued violence in the south of the country. The change in policy came after Thaksin was...
- Thailand: TRT Dissolved, Political Uncertainty Lingers. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/4/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
The article offers a look at the political conditions in Thailand and examines their implications for the securities industry in the country as of June 2007. The Thai Rak Thai (TRT) party headed by former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was disbanded following a verdict by Thailand's...