LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers economic and political outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Possibility of fresh elections after the coalition government collapsed at the end of May 2006; Expected slowdown in real gross domestic product growth; Factors contributing to the bureaucracy ranking of the country in the world.
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Apr2004, p1
Presents a historical, economic and political background of Lithuania. Amount of the gross domestic production of the country in 2002; Information on the earliest habitats of the country; Percentage of the economy of the country that are privately owned; Unemployment rate in 2002.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Feb2008, p1
The article presents information on Lithuania. A description of the country's terrain is presented. Based on the 2001 census, the religions practiced by the Lithuanians include Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox. Lithuania's political parties include Social Democrats and Peasant Nationalists....
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p393
The article presents facts on Eastern European country Lithuania as of 2011. It says that it has an estimated population of 3,535,547 Lithuanians who speak several languages including Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. It mentions that the country is headed by President Dalia Grybauskaite and...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article presents that political, economic and business risks of Lithuania in 2010 which include the forecast for increase in political strike action, the decline in retail sales and the 6.4% year-on-year drop in revenues.
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article provides an overview of the political, economic and business risks in Lithuania. Prime Minister Gediminas Kirkilas reportedly promised to resign if corruption in the country will not decline during his term. Meanwhile, the central bank's macroeconomic projections indicate that the...
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;May2004, p1
Presents information on the Republic of Lithuania. Type of government; Gross domestic product in 2002; History of Lithuania; Information on the U.S. relations with Lithuania.
- LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Mar2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p8
This article presents statistical information on economic and political conditions of Lithuania. a majority of Lithuanians wants the president, Rolandas Paksas, to resign. The president refutes allegations of links between his administration and Russian criminal organisations, which have led to...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p12
The article discusses political and economic issues in Lithuania. According to the article, the country's minority government may have to make significant concessions to opposition parties to remain in office and move its policy agenda forward. The forecast for Lithuania's real gross domestic...