DATA & FORECASTS
- Rising Possibility Of A Rate Cut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p18
Forecasts the currency rate possibilities in Czech Republic. Possibility of an interest rate reduction; Potential effect of interest rate increase on the economy; Inflation forecast of Czech National Bank.
- Rate Cut Surprises Markets. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that the Czech National Bank (CNB) has its two-week repossessed rate by 25 basis points to 1.75% in April 2005, as a response to reduced inflation forecasts in 2006. Explaining the decision, which took most analysts and markets by surprise, central bank Governor Zdenek Tuma...
- Rates To Hold at 3.50%. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses economic and monetary policy outlook for Czech Republic. It is forecasted that the repo rate of 3.50 percent set by the Czech National Bank (CNB) will not be changed between 2008 and 2009. Predicted real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates for 2008 and 2009 are 4.2...
- the Czech Republic: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2005, p15
Presents forecasts for the Czech Republic in 2004. Forces that confront the government; Scenarios under various political regimes; opportunities for investors; Inflation; Economic forecasts.
- Czech Republic. Fisher, Sharon // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Feb2007, p21
The article presents an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2006-2007. It asserts that there is a slowdown in economic growth and large budget deficits. It indicates that Czech National Bank (CNB) is faced with monetary policy challenges which are driven by anticipated increasing inflation...
- Ten Years of Czech Inflation Targeting: Missed Targets and Anchored Expectations. Holub, Tom�; Hurn�k, Jarom�r // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p67
This paper focuses on the Czech Republic's first ten years of experience with its inflation-targeting regime. Under this regime, the Czech Republic has successfully achieved disinflation. However, there were two periods of substantial inflation target undershooting and economic slack, related to...
- Macroeconomic management. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 4, p37
Presents several macroeconomic data and forecast on Czech Republic. Real gross domestic product growth; Inflation-control targets in conducting monetary policy; Influence of inflation in price expectations; Changes in the short-term interest rates.
- Macroeconomic policy. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jul2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 13, p43
Presents information on the macroeconomic policy of the Czech Republic as of July 2001. Description of the inflation-targeting framework; Interest and exchange rate developments; Consequences of the economic and political integration of the Czech Republic with western Europe for monetary policy.
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Jun2012, p23
The article discusses some developments in the monetary policy of the Czech Republic during the past. The nation's monetary policy has been largely unchanged since 1998, when the Czech National Bank (CNB) established a pre-announced inflation-targeting regime. To increase transparency further,...