SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY
- SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p8
Analyzes political and economic conditions and business environment in Slovakia. Tensions within the government coalition in the country; Impact of budgetary provisions on market conditions; Effects of privatization of business enterprises on the economy.
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the political, economic and business risks of Slovakia in 2010 which include the public support for the Social Democracy (Smer) party, the increase in consumer price inflation to 0.3% year-on-year in March and the belief of investors that lack of transparency and corruption...
- Country Risk Summary: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on political and economic conditions of Slovakia. While opposition-inspired referendum on early elections in April 2004 was invalid due to low turnout, the government's political troubles are far from over, after its candidate, Foreign Minister Eduard Kukan, was surprisingly...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
The article offers a look at the political, economic and business risks in Slovakia. Local elections to be held on December 2, 2006 may provide mixed clues as to the relative standing of Slovakia's political parties. The country's short-term political rating remains at 66 in January 2007....
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
The article offers news briefs in Slovakia. The governing Smer political party is well in front with 46.7% support, according to a poll conducted by UVVM in February 2007. Enel has announced plans to invest $4.2 billion in electricity plants in an effort to make Slovakia its base for Central and...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
This section offers news briefs concerning politics, economic and business conditions in Slovakia. Based on an opinion poll conducted by UVVM, the Direction-Social Democracy Party (Smer) remains the most powerful political party in the country. The financial crisis has affected the ability of...
- Slovak Republic: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2004, p59
Presents information on Slovak Republic. Geography; Ethnic and racial divisions; Political parties; Foreign relations.
- the Slovak Republic: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2005, p37
Presents information on the Slovak Republic. Geography; History; Social conditions; Government; Political conditions; Foreign relations.
- Slovakia: Smer Gets First Refusal. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the political condition in Slovakia and its impact of the Slovakian economy. Result of the Slovakian parliamentary election on June 17, 2006; Political parties in the country; Economic plans of Robert Fico, leader of the political party Smer.