Law And Justice Prevails
- Triumph And Despair. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Presents information on the September 2005 election in Poland. Reasons for the success of the Law and Justice party in both parliamentary and presidential elections; Factor that would provide a platform for an equitable division of powers between the prospective centre-right coalition partners;...
- Political Conditions. // Poland Country Review;2001/2002, p15
Reports on developments concerning the political conditions in Poland as of July 2001. Replacement of the Cimoszewicz government by a coalition of the 'Akcja Wyborcza Solidarnose' and the 'Unia Wolnosci'; Main opposition party; Highlights of the September 997 parliamentary elections; Political...
- Government Organization. // Poland Country Review;2001/2002, p18
Presents an overview of the government organization in Poland as of July 2001. Type of government; Executive, legislative and judiciary branches; Constitution; Political parties and leaders.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2004 4th Quarter, p3
The article informs that the popularity of the ruling Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) of Poland has fallen to record lows since victory in the 2001 general elections. The fragmentation of opposition political forces means the outlook for the government surviving until the next elections in May...
- A Game of Two Halves. Rae, Gavin // Social Europe: The Journal of the European Left;Winter2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p84
The article discusses the outcome of the elections held in Poland in 2007. The ruling Law and Justice Party (PiS) was defeated and removed from office by its rival Citizens' Platform (PO). According to PO leader Donald Tusk, Poland had shown Europe that it can act responsibly when needed. During...
- Politics on Fast Forward. Nagorski, Andrew // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);10/8/2001 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 138 Issue 15, p63
Focuses on Poland and its political history. Account of Poland's elections, including the failure of the Solidarity coalition to qualify for seats in Parliament; Voter attitudes on Poland's history before 1989; Analysis of the present government and its parties; Why Poles are voting left.
- Poland: It's Time For Action, Mr Belka... // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/28/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the victory of Prime Minister Marek Belka in the general election in Poland in 2004. Number of parliamentary vote of confidence won by Belka during the election; Political party that supports Belka; Forecast on the country's period of short-term asset weakness.
- Elections Key For Medium-Term Reforms. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses the 2010 and 2011 political outlook for Poland with the impact of the upcoming presidential and parliamentary elections to its medium-term policies. It is believed that the election of the Civic Platform party would bring reforms and alignment to key legislation. It...
- POLAND: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2006, p11
Analyzes the political conditions of Poland in 2006. Result of the parliamentary elections on September 25, 2005; Competition between the Law and Justice Party and Civic Platform Party; Members of the cabinet government of Poland including Ludwik Dorn, deputy prime minister, and finance...