LAOS: RISK SUMMARY
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Laos in 2010, with details on the visit of Prime Minister Bousone Bouphavanh in Japan and the expansion of Vietnamese investment in the country.
- Laos: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Laos Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Laos including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the political, economic and business risks in Laos including the call to strengthen cooperation efforts among leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN ) to combat transnational crime in the region, the signing of a memorandum of understanding between...
- BUCKING ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS TO HARNESS THE MEKONG. // ASEANAffairs;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p23
The article offers information on the economic, political, and social status of Laos.
- Country Overview. // Laos Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the political and economic condition of Laos including its independence in 1954, command economy system, and poor economic status.
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the business environment, political and economic risk in Laos including the announcement of the Cement Production Association that prices of cement products will be retained despite rising transportation costs, the bilateral meeting attended by Deputy Prime Minister and...
- Background Note: Laos. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Oct2007, p1
The article presents information on Laos. It cites the country's rugged mountain terrain and a climate consisting of tropical monsoon, rainy, and dry seasons. Also noted is the estimated Lao population of 6.5 million as of October 2007. Laos is a communist state headed by President Choummaly...
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Oct2007, p1
The article offers information on Laos. The country has rugged mountain terrain and has a climate consisting of tropical monsoon, rainy, and dry seasons. Mid-2007 population of Laos is estimated at 6.5 million. The entry also contains information on the country's capital and principal towns,...
- CIA - The World Factbook -- Laos. // CIA World Fact Book;2008, p1
This article provides information on Laos, a communist state, located northeast of Thailand, and west of Vietnam. Laos consists of 16 provinces with Vientiane as national capital. As of July 2007, the estimated population was 6,521,998, with Buddhism as the major religion. This entry also offers...