POLITICAL OUTLOOK: Trial Raises Concern Over Judicial Independence
- MIDEAST/AFRICA. // Just Out;1/4/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p19
The article reports that six men were sentenced to imprisonment of four to 10 months for committing unnatural acts with a person of the same sex, in Ksar el Kbir, Morocco. Sarah Leah Whitson of Human Rights Watch condemned the verdict and blamed that court has convicted them without proper...
- Human rights watch arms project--chemical and biological weapons program. // Politics & the Life Sciences;Mar96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p114
Profiles the United States-based independent human rights organization, Human Rights Watch (HRW). Role of this organization; Listing of the divisions HRW includes; How HRW is supported; Information on the establishment of The Arms Project of Human Rights Watch; Contact point for more...
- Nigeria: Transition or travesty? // New York Amsterdam News;11/06/97, Vol. 88 Issue 45, p2
Presents information on a report released entitled `Transition or Travesty? Nigeria's Endless Process of Transition to Civilian Rule.' Recommendation made by the Human Rights Watch organization to have Nigeria expelled from the Commonwealth; What the group based its recommendation on; Comments...
- Don't attend Sri Lanka conference: rights body. // South Asian Post;6/2/2011, p5
The article reports on the move of the Human Rights Watch (HRW) to discourage Canada and other countries in attending the military conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka on May 31 to June 2, 2011.
- Bibliography. // Paraguay Country Review;2012, p233
A bibliography on the subject of Paraguay is presented, which includes Altapedia located at http://www.atlapedia.com/online/country_index.htm, the book "The Stateman's Year-Book 2006," edited by Barry Turner and Human Rights Watch located at http://www.hrw.org.
- Rights group issues new intl. study. // New York Amsterdam News;12/3/94, Vol. 85 Issue 49, p2
Reports that Human Rights Watch has invited seven human rights monitors from around the world to events in New York, Washington and Los Angeles, California on December 2-16, 1994.
- Watch on Wilshire. Berliner, Alan // Hollywood Reporter;12/15/95, Vol. 340 Issue 13, p38
Reports on a party held by the show business-related industries at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel to honor Human Rights Watch. Celebrities in the event.
- Ethiopia Claims U.S. Precedent for Crackdown on Journalists. Bader, Laetitia // Foreign Policy in Focus;7/22/2015, p1
The article reports that Ethiopia has released several imprisoned journalists ahead of the 2015 visit of U.S. President Barack Obama. Topics discussed include the criticisms against the Ethiopian government's alleged use of the Anti-Terrorism Proclamation to justify the imprisonment of several...
- Human Rights Watch announces GLBT Hall of Shame. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/29/2008, Issue 1066, p26
The article reports on the three presidents who are inducted into the Human Rights Watch's (HRW) GLBT Hall of Shame, an International Day Against Homophobia in the U.S.