VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- Strife attributed to corruption. // Internal Auditor;Apr98, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Vietnam President Tran Duc Luong has conceded that corruption is the root cause of rural unrest and strife in the country. His request for reforms to party and state officials.
- Fuel Price Increase Puts Disinflation At Risk. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the move of the Vietnamese government to increase fuel prices to reduce fiscal and trade deficits. According to Le Xuan Nghia, general director of SBV's banking development strategy department, the consumer price inflation will increase on August 2, 2008 with a 2% growth...
- Slowing Economy Raises Political Risk. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
The article offers forecasts on the economic conditions in Vietnam for the year 2009 amidst political ructions in the country. According to the article, Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) see no major risk of mass unrest despite economic downturn which is predicted to an increase in...
- Vietnam. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2011, preceding pPRI-1
The article offers economic and political forecast for Vietnam. Its gross domestic product is expected to grow by 7.0 percent between 2011 and 2015 while inflation is seen at 8.1 percent. Annual population growth as of 2009 is 1.1 percent. The article highlights the Communist Party of Vietnam's...
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Apr2005, p4
Provides information on the political condition of Vietnam as of April 2005. Effect of the constitution in April 1992 on the role of the Communist Party of Vietnam in politics; Functions served by Tran Duc Luong, aside from being the president of Vietnam; Number of delegates in the Ninth Party...
- The Infrastructure Challenge. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
The article presents an overview of the infrastructure industry and the other challenges in Vietnam through 2009. According to the report of Business Monitor International (BMI), a continued investment in the country's broken-down infrastructure is a need for a return to annual gross domestic...
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p4
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Vietnam in 2010, with details on the criticism of the Human Rights Watch (HRW) for online dissent and imposition of a decree on the reduction of petroleum prices on May 28, 2010.
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the business environment, political and economic risk in Vietnam including the concerns of businesses in labour-intensive industries on a possible labour shortage after the Lunar New Year, the strategic agreement between Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Quoc Cuong...
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p7
The article discusses the economic and political condition for the first quarter of 2010 in Vietnam.