Threat To Euro Plans
- Oil Trouble. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
The article presents an economic forecast for Lithuania. The decrease in the production capacity of Mazeikiu Nafta, the largest oil refinery in the Baltic states, is expected to hamper economic growth and affect the country's fiscal condition, being the country's largest taxpayer. The company's...
- Lithuania's HICP inflation rises modestly in Feb. // Regional Today;3/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in the European Union harmonized index of consumer prices in Lithuania in February 2014.
- Eurozone Hopes In Balance. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p12
Presents an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006 and 2007. Plan of the state to join the eurozone in 2007; Analysis of trends suggesting that the 12-month average rate will be higher than hoped for by officials between the June and September 2007; Forecast on the ability of Lithuania to...
- Eurozone Hopes Dashed. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Responses of local headline writers to the European Commission's announcement that Lithuania does not fulfill the necessary criteria to adopt the euro in January 2007; Status of the country's budget deficit; Outlook on inflation.
- Deflation To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article analyzes the economic outlook for Lithuania from 2010-2014. It notes that deflation will continue through the first half of 2010. It further states that inflationary pressures is projected to remain weak into 2011. Moreover, it mentions that consumer price inflation will come in at...
- Lithuania's HICP inflation eases for ninth month. // Regional Today;10/10/2013, p1
The article reports on the 1.8 percent decline in the average annual inflation rate in Lithuania based on the harmonized index of consumer prices (HICP) in September 2013.
- IHS Global Insight Report: Lithuania (Country Intelligence). // Lithuania Country Monitor;Dec2009, p1
The article reports on the economic outlook and assumptions in Lithuania by the IHS Global Insight Inc. An overview on the country's economic policy and structure, inflation, exchange rates, economic growth, external sector, medium and long term outlook is provided. Further, the country's...
- INOVATYVIÅ² PROJEKTÅ² VERTINIMO PROBLEMA. Stepanovas, Artūras; Ostašenkovaitė, Karolina // Science: Future of Lithuania;Feb2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
For a long time in most developed Western countries, innovation has been the key driver of economic growth, enabling a high level of added value and ensuring economic development. According to 2011 Innovation Union Scoreboard indicators for assessment, Lithuania still lags far behind the...
- Evaluation of Tax Payment Risks in Whole of Tax System. Mažeika, Artūras; Skaržauskienė, Aelita; Kaseliauskas, Modestas; Mackevičius, Ramūnas; Buginskis, Valdas; Mackevičienė, Gerda; Dzemidienė, Dalė // Communications of the IBIMA;2011, Vol. 2011, p4
Economic sectors of sail and repair of motor vehicles should be considered as specific and important for Lithuanian economy as they encourage economic growth in different regions. Used cars' market in Kaunas is the biggest in the European Union. On the other hand, this economic sector is one of...