Credit Concerns Remain
- From Great Recession To Depression. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the view of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) over the economic status of Latvia. It stresses that the economic rate of the country continues to decrease in excess of 18% in the third quarter of 2009, which put the country into a great depression. Based on the flash...
- How great is Latvia's success story? Austers, Aldis // Intereconomics;Jul2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p228
The current state of Latvia can be best described in medical terms: the patient is pale, but alive. The fi nancial woes have been successfully resolved, but economic, social and political challenges remain. The crisis is continuing to affect the fabric of social and political life in Latvia....
- Shocks. Cochrane, John H. // NBER Reporter;Spring94, p50
This article presents an abstract of the NBER Working Paper "Shocks," by John H. Cochrane.
- Economic Overview. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p50
The article provides information of the economic performance of Latvia from 1991-2009.
- Thinking outside the box. Duperray, Martha Dreyer // Caribbean Business;5/29/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p22
The article discusses the impact of local recession, huge increases in local utility rates and soaring energy costs to different industries in Puerto Rico. The tourism industry, accordingly, is in the survival mode and anticipates worse times due to heavy flight cutbacks and rate increases by...
- Fuel facts. de Klerk, Vic // Finweek;1/22/2009, p45
The article offers information on determining the under- and over recovery of the fuel prices in South Africa. The author says that the monthly fixing of the fuel price is completely transparent and consumers can workout early in the month of how much the price will rise or fall in the next...
- It's supply and demand, stupid. Butler, Sam // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p22
Analyzes the movement of world crude oil prices. Market cycle that affect crude oil prices; Decline in crude oil prices from its nominal highs; Factors to consider to help traders make an informed decision on when to enter the market.
- Used truck market goes bang. Banner, Steve // Commercial Motor;6/19/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5285, p60
The article discusses the business condition of the used truck sales market in Great Britain. It states that the market continues to decrease and dealers points on rising fuel costs and credit crunch. However, some executives believe that the business is picking up while dealers remain calm as...
- Earnings up....lending slow. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/8/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 36, p19
Reports the performance of the banking sector in the Middle East. Account on the profits earned by banks; Factors affecting the performance of the banking sectors; Impact of fluctuating oil prices on bank performance; Difficulty in the assessment of banking conditions in the United Arab...