Monetary Policy: All In The Detail
- Difficult Times in Hungary: Markets Holding Up, But Near The Edge. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/25/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p18
The article reports on the economic conditions of Hungary. The nation has been experiencing difficulties in its economy. The economic policies of the Hungarian Socialist Party has been a disaster for the country. Monetary policies led to high interest rates and budget deficits are starting to be...
- ECONOMY. // Hungary A.M.;9/13/2013, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the economy of Hungary. The Monetary Policy Council of the National Bank of Hungary has voted on a 10 bp base rate cut as well as a 20 bp one at a meeting on August 27, 2013. The Fiscal Council will prepare an alternative macroeconomic outlook when...
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2011 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p13
The article presents the economic outlook of Hungary for the second quarter of 2011 including its SWOT analysis, monetary policy and the country's banking sector.
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p13
The article presents the economic outlook in Hungary for the third quarter in 2011 including the economic risk ratings, economic activity and monetary policy.
- Conservadorismo e rigidez na polÃtica monetÃ¡ria: uma estimativa da funÃ§Ã£o de reaÃ§Ã£o do BCB (2000-2007). MODENESI, ANDRÉ DE MELO // Brazilian Journal of Political Economy / Revista de Economia Pol;jul-set2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p415
This paper aims at evaluating the conduction of monetary policy after the adoption of inflation targeting. Formation of Selic rate is modeled by estimating a reaction function of the BCB. Results show an excessive degree of interest rate smoothing and a high level of equilibrium interest rate....
- The Possible Causes of and Means of Avoiding External Financial Vulnerability. György, László; Veress, József // Public Finance Quarterly (0031-496X);2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p53
Difficulties in external debt-financing in the period since the financial crisis of 2008 have shed light on the financial vulnerability of the Hungarian economy. In this study our aim is to reveal the causes of external financial vulnerability, which can be incorporated into economic policy...
- THE MONETARY COUNCIL'S KEY FINDINGS RELATED TO THE INFLATION REPORT: 3. MACROECONOMIC OVERVIEW: 3.5. Cyclical position of the economy. KIRÁLY, MÁTYÁS // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Dec2015, p47
The article reports on disinflationary effects registered by Hungary's real economy in third quarter of 2015, the continuation of the output gap in the negative domain during the quarter, and the impact of labor shortage on production.
- THE MONETARY COUNCIL'S STATEMENT ON MACROECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTS AND ITS MONETARY POLICY ASSESSMENT. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Mar2014, p5
The article presents a statement from the Hungarian Monetary Council regarding the government's monetary policy and developments in the country's macroeconomic conditions as of March 2014. Topics discussed include the reduction in central bank base rate, slow reduction in inflation in line with...
- Hungary Asset Class Strategy: Favouring Fixed Income. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/27/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p13
This article reports on the projected economic struggle faced by Hungary to prevent a recession in 2012. Amidst an economy being pulled down by depressed external demand, tighter fiscal policy, and low credit growth, Hungary is on the verge of securing a new IMF Stand-by Arrangement, coupled...