RISK SUMMARY: VIETNAM
- Vietnam Reshapes Economic Strategy. Clouse, Thomas // Global Finance;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the struggle of Vietnamese policymakers to reform and reorganize the country's economic strategy in order to stabilize the region's economic development while reducing credit growth and boosting social welfare services.
- Doing business in the new Vietnam. Howell, Llewellyn D. // USA Today Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 123 Issue 2590, p79
No abstract available.
- Saving Socialism: An Examination of Chinese Communist Party's Articulation of Chinese Socialism under Economic Reform. Li, Nan // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
This paper examines Chinese Communist Party's discursive attempts in characterizing Chinese social reality as socialistic at the presence of economic reform and global capital. Using articulation theory, how the Party accomplishes the goal by making and breaking connections between concepts such...
- Nguyen Van Linh [Nguyen Van Cuc] 1915-1998. Le, Hung P. // Encyclopedia of Modern Dictators;2006, p215
An encyclopedia entry for Nguyen Van Linh is presented. He became the leader of the Vietnamese Communist Party in 1986. Nguyen started a guerilla campaign against U.S. forces in South Vietnam. He implemented an economic policy called Doi Moi which aimed to make Vietnam participate in the...
- China: Extra grip. Kriegler, Yun // Lawyer;12/2/2013, p1
The article discusses the Chinese government and its reported corruption-related investigations into multinational legal practices which operate inside the country as of December 2013, focusing on various economic, social, and public sector reform measures which were adopted at the third plenum...
- General Office of the Party: The Party Has Absolute Leadership over the SOEs. // Chinascope;Sep/Oct2015, Issue 77, p33
An abstract of an article regarding the guidelines released by General Office of the Communist Party which stated that the party has absolute leadership over state-owned enterprises (SOEs) is presented.
- The Development Of Competition Law In Vietnam In The Face Of Economic Reforms And Global Integration. Pham, Alice // Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business;Spring2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p547
The article discusses the competition law and policy in Vietnam. The competition market policy in the country is the result of its economic reforms and its wide economic relations with other economies of the world. The article also discusses the new economic policies and legislation adopted by...
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2004 4th Quarter, p7
The article presents information about the economic condition of Vietnam and the reforms that took place in its economy. While the reform for economic renovation in the country has been gradual, the country has enjoyed and will continue to experience strong economic growth, driven in most part...
- Economic Structure and Context: Development and Strategy. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Mar2012, p15
The article discusses the developments in the economic structure and context of Vietnam. It notes the redoubled reform efforts to the country's economy. It puts emphasis on its inward-oriented policies marking the post-war era. It outlines the heightened momentum of its reforms in the latter...