Striving For Acceptance
- Accession to the World Trade Organization. // International Debates;Dec2006, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p5
The article focuses on the accession of Vietnam to the World Trade Organization (WTO). Vietnam is set to become the 150th member of WTO following the approval of the General Council. The significance of the WTO membership to the country are mentioned. The obligations imposed to Vietnam in line...
- China, Taiwan admitted to WTO. // Home Textiles Today;11/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Reports the admittance of China and Taiwan in the World Trade Organization. Date of membership; Reliance of both countries for cheaper goods in the United States; Effects of the organization's unity on the textile industry.
- A FEW THOUGHTS ON LEGITIMACY, DEMOCRACY, AND THE WTO. Bacchus, James // Journal of International Economic Law;Sep2004, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p667
The article discusses the legitimacy and democratic governance in the World Trade Organization (WTO). It highlights the need to address the lack of understanding of several people worldwide about the responsibility and function of the WTO. It notes the significant contribution of the members of...
- WTO entry sweetens foreign investment in China. Vogler, Debra // Solid State Technology;Feb2003 Supplement, Vol. 46 Issue 2, pS7
Discusses the benefits of China's entry into the World Trade Organization. Eradication of U.S. domestic politics; Removal of non-tariff barriers; Development of foreign direct investment.
- Pressure builds against China's WTO membership. Morrissey, James A. // Textile World;Aug97, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p20
Discusses problems concerning China's membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO). Failure by textile industry lobbyists to gain concessions in bilateral trade agreement with China; Opposition to China's WTO membership in view of its human rights abuses; Criticism of provision in textile...
- VIETNAM: Preparations for WTO Membership. Binh Tran-Nam // Southeast Asian Affairs;2007, p398
The article discusses the comprehensive and systematic preparations for World Trade Organization (WTO) membership of Vietnam. The country has focused on the application of trade-related legislations such as anti-dumping and intellectual property rights and the development of doi moi economic...
- A brief history. // World Trade Organization Annual Report;2013, p12
A timeline is presented of international events related to the history of the World Trade Organization (WTO) from 1994 to 2012 including the establishment of the WTO in 1995, the Third Ministerial Conference in Seattle, Washington in November 1999, and the membership of Samoa in May 2012.
- SYRIA-TRADE. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);5/5/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4845, p12
The article reports that members of the World Trade Organization (WTO) have agreed to discuss the membership application of Syria after almost nine years of delay. It says that the U.S. and Israel had blocked WTO acceptance of Israel since it stopped participating in its work where it was one of...
- Green signal for Vietnam's WTO membership. // Indian Textile Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p131
The article deals with the approval of Vietnam's application for World Trade Organization (WTO) membership and its impact on the country's trade relations. After the WTO membership has been granted, the U.S. Congress began planning to establish permanent normal trade relations (PNTR) to Vietnam....