RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- EU Aid To Rise. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the economic condition of Lithuania as of February 2006. The country is expected to receive about 10.4 billion euro from 2007 to 2013 as a result of the negotiation of Prime Minister Algirdas Brazauskas on the multi-year financial framework in the European Union. An...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Assesses the political, economic and business risk of Lithuania. Abuse of power and conflict of interest allegations against Lithuanian Prime Minister Algirdas Brazauskas; Economic forecasts of the European Commission for Lithuania by 2006; Interest of Estonia and Latvia in the plan of...
- The End of the Lithuanian Political "Patriarch's" Era. Park, Ausra // Demokratizatsiya;Spring2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p160
Top political leadership can and often does play a crucial role in countries that transition from one political system to another. As a former Lithuanian Communist Party leader, the first president of independent Lithuania, and the longest-serving prime minister, Algirdas Brazauskas is one of a...
- Troubling Times For PM. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p12
Reports that Lithuania's Social Democratic Prime Minister Algirdas Brazauskas has threatened to resign in the event of a parliamentary investigation into his family business interests in 2005. Action taken by the Homeland Union, the main opposition party, to force the establishment of a...
- Untitled. // UNESCO Sources;Nov94, Issue 63, p5
Quotes President Algirdas Brazauskas of Lithuania, during a presentation before the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization's (UNESCO) Executive Board on October 20, 1994. How he thinks humanity can avoid the danger of destruction.
- Regional Outlook: Southeast Anatolia. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Aug2008, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
The article offers an economic outlook in Turkey's Southeast Anatolia region under the leadership of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan. The Turkish Statistical Institute (Turkstat) has released a report showing that the entire gross domestic product (GDP) of the nine constituent provinces was only...
- Background Note: Croatia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Croatia;Apr2006, p1
Presents a geography, economic and political profile of Croatia. Expected gross domestic product growth rate; Branches of government; Responsibilities of the prime minister; Powers of the Croatian Parliament.
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Aug2007, p1
The article presents information on the Republic of Lithuania. Its climate is humid continental, with a moderating maritime influence from the Baltic Sea. The estimated population of Brazil in 2007 was 3.3 million. The head of the country is President Algirdas Brazauskas as of 2007. This entry...
- Untitled. // UNESCO Sources;Jun96, Issue 80, p18
Reports on the cooperation agreement signed in Vilnius by Lithuania President Algirdas Brazauskas and Federico Mayor, director-general of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).