RISK SUMMARY: MYANMAR
- RISK SUMMARY: MYANMAR. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p7
Provides an overview of the political and economic condition in Burma for 2005. Political risks; Economic support of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao to Burma; Trade sanctions given by U.S. President George W. Bush against Burma.
- MYANMAR Roadmap to Where? Taylor, Robert H. // Southeast Asian Affairs;2004, p171
Focuses on the political change and its impact on Burma's economic condition. Promotion of international relations; Implementation of the draconian sanctions; Outcome of a constitutional convention.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Burma;Sep2006, p5
The article focuses on the economy of Burma. The economic condition under the rule of military junta has deteriorated. Though the country has strong agricultural base and rich in natural and mineral resources, the market-based economy remains undeveloped. Tourism is hindered by the government's...
- MYANMAR: Regional Relationships and Internal Concerns. Steinberg, David I. // Southeast Asian Affairs;1998, p179
Focuses on political and economic developments in Myanmar in 1997. Membership to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations; Expansion of foreign investment and trade; Problems on insurgency, politics and internal economic developments.
- ASEAN Pressures Myanmar To Reform. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
The article informs that some of the member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are growing increasingly concerned over the slow progress of political reform in Myanmar. The situation is becoming more urgent after the U.S. threatened to boycott the ASEAN's next annual...
- Myanmar Faces Further Isolation. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on political and economic conditions in Myanmar. International isolation faced by the military-rule in the country; Impact of international sanctions on the country's economy; Danger of an economic in the country.
- MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p7
The article offers several topics in Burma including the termination of the National League for Democracy (NLD), the provision of visas on arrivals, and the launch of East India Service (EIS) by Malaysia International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC Berhad).
- MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the country risk ratings for Burma as of March 2007. The short-term political risk rating has been downgraded from 66.0 to 64.0 because of uncertainty on the expected succession of General Shwe Mann to General Than Shwe. The business environment rating remains at 19.8 and...
- Foreign Exchange Market Reform in Myanmar. Kubo, Koji // Journal of Southeast Asian Economies;Aug2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p210
Myanmar has made an overt move from a de facto multiple exchange rate system to a managed floating exchange system, but the impact of reform of the foreign exchange market on the economy remains unclear. While reform measures have alleviated segmentation within the foreign exchange market, they...