RISK SUMMARY: CAMBODIA
- Cambodia. // UN Chronicle;1997, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p53
Illustrates the stand of the United Nations Security Council on all acts of violence in Cambodia and regulation to ensure the security of persons and application of the humanitarian law. Significance of the elections scheduled by First Prime Minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh and Second Prime...
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
The article presents information on the political and economic conditions prevailing in Cambodia. The international donors in Cambodia are being called by the New York based Human Rights Watch to boycott the Cambodian government in response to politically motivated criminal lawsuits being used...
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Apr2004, p6
Provides information on the government and political condition of Cambodia. Basis of the formation of the Royal Government of Cambodia; Officials comprising the executive branch; Prevalence of political violence in the country; Internationally recognized human rights covered by the constitution.
- Banality of Evil. // National Review;5/12/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p570
The article reports on the political and social developments in Cambodia. Several topics are mentioned in the article including the prevalence of genocide, the denunciation of the Cambodian communist regime, the impact on human and civil rights, and the implications for politics, government and...
- Rethinking the Administration and Delivery of Foreign Aid in Cambodia. Thun, Virak // Peace & Conflict Monitor;Feb2009, p1
The government of Cambodia has received foreign development aid in abundance for many years, largely contributed by a number of international aid organizations and donor states such as World Bank, Asian Development Bank, International Monetary Fund, Official Development Assistance (ODA), and...
- RISK SUMMARY: EL SALVADOR. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p4
The article presents a political, economic and business environment risk summary for El Salvador as of June 1, 2011 which includes the ruling by the supreme court of justice to disband two of the country's oldest political parties, the Partido Demï¿½crata Cristiano and Partido de...
- India Has Considerable Room to Improve Biz Scenario. // Siliconindia;Apr2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the result of an International Monetary Fund (IMF) Working Paper, which states that there is considerable room for improvement in the business environment in India.
- Big loan, big leverage: Will West push Indonesia to let freedom ring? Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;4/13/98, Vol. 90 Issue 95, p7
States that Western governments appear unwilling to use financial leverage to deal with human rights abuses in Indonesia. The position that the International Monetary Fund is in to push for democracy; The worsening situation for human rights in Indonesia in the late 1990s; The history of abuses...
- UN Committee on the Rights of the Child to review Venezuela, Morocco, Fiji, Singapore, Hungary, Croatia. // African Business News;8/25/2014, p16
No abstract available.