RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
The article presents political and economic news related to Lithuania. The controversy surrounding Labour Party leader and former economy minister Viktor Uspaskich continues to weigh on party members and could erode public trust in the government. As a producer of textiles and clothing,...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
The article forecasts the political and economic conditions, and the performance of the business sector in Lithuania for 2007. Prime Minister Gediminas Kirkilas has been meeting with the opposition party Homeland Union in an effort to secure sufficient parliamentary support for the 2008 budget....
- Transitions Online: Laboring On. Tracevskis, Rokas M. // Transitions Online;10/4/2004, pN.PAG
Discusses the condition of the Labor Party in Lithuania in 2004. Forecast on the performance of the party in the Lithuanian parliamentary elections; Reaction of the party's leader Viktor Uspaskich to the populist label tagged to the party by the media; Platform of the party.
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the political and economic risks in Lithuania. The Lithuanian prime minister has urged all political parties to support the drive against graft and corruption. The Labor Party's condition of being currently under investigation for financial crimes is expected to strengthen...
- Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Jul2010, p1
The article offers facts and information about Lithuania. The country has a land area of 65,200 square kilometers. Cities and towns are Vilnius, which is the capital city, Kaunas, Klaipeda and Siauliai. Total population as of 2009 was recorded at 3,331,194. Its form of government is...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2009, p376
The article provides a country profile of Lithuania, with details on the country's background, geography and population. It presents information on the nation's politics and government, including its legal system, administrative divisions and major political parties. It also includes its...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p12
The article provides an update on the condition of the economic and political environment in Lithuania. On the political front, the self-declared confidence government has unveiled an extensive and ambitious program for the next two years. Meanwhile, reports indicate that the country's external...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p11
The article offers news briefs in Lithuania including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article presents that political, economic and business risks of Lithuania in 2010 which include the forecast for increase in political strike action, the decline in retail sales and the 6.4% year-on-year drop in revenues.