- An Elusive Relation between Unemployment and GDP Growth: Okun's Law. Burgen, Emily; Meyer, Brent; Tasci, Murat // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2012, p13
The article focuses on the Okun's law which applies to the elusive and empirical relationship between unemployment and gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the U.S. It argues that the pace of improvement in the labor market is consistent with the recovery pace of GDP. However, the recession...
- Index to Tables. // Canadian Economic Observer;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p67
This article presents index of various economic variables of Canada. Those include, average hourly earnings, average work week, bankruptcies, capacity utilization rates, coal, corporate finances, exchange rates, financial flows, gross domestic product, prices, retail sales, unemployment, unit...
- This Recovery's the Real Deal. Triplett, Tim // Metal Center News;Nov2003, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p6
Comments on the MSCI conference held in September 2003 in the U.S. Prediction of GDP growth by economic experts; Problem on unemployment; Improvement in corporate profitability.
- Livingston Survey: 2d-Half Recovery. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31662, p2
The U.S. economic recovery will begin at the end of 2003 and will continue through 2004, according to the 30 economists who responded to the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's Livingston Survey, released on Friday. While predictions for real gross domestic product growth in the first half of...
- Croatia Country Intelligence: Report. // Croatia Country Monitor;Feb2013, p1
The article provides an overview of the economic condition in Croatia in 2013. The country's economic recovery is expected to remain modest throughout the next several years. Economic indicators including inflation, gross domestic product (GDP), and unemployment as well as labor markets and...
- 2004 Preview. McClenahen, John S.; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Dec2003, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p16
Presents an outlook for the U.S. economy in 2004 from Merrill Lynch & Co. Percentage of forecasted gross domestic product growth; Prediction on the civilian unemployment rate; State of the labor market.
- A Disappearing Workforce. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the labor markets of Lithuania. Labor market indicators have improved significantly over the past few years, thanks in large part to strong real Gross Domestic Product growth. Unemployment is falling and firms are finding it increasingly difficult to find suitably...
- Country Risk Summary: ARGENTINA. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the economic indicators in Argentina as of March 2004. Reasons behind the protests held by the organized unemployed Piqueteros in Buenos Aires and other spots throughout the country; Number of protest sites; Increase in the real gross domestic product.
- Current trends. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;9/26/2003, p7
Presents various graphs that represent trends of economic indicators in Canada as of September 26, 2003. Changes in gross domestic product of the nation; Rise in the rate of unemployment in the nation; Appraisal of trends of prices of consumer goods in the nation.