Strong PM Fights Losing Battle
- Head To Head. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p7
Reports on a dispute between Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus and Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek over the appointment of a new health minister after the dismissal of Health Minister Milada Emmerova, as part of the restructuring of the Health Ministry in 2005. Reason for the decision of Klaus...
- From Festival to Fiasco. Lamb, Ian S. // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2006, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the conflict that erupted from the Czech Republic farming village of MlÃ½nec between the young Czech partygoers and the police. According to sources, the controversy that surrounded the police action has proven to be one of the first tests of the premiership of Prime...
- Prime minister gets his own show. // Variety;5/30/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the decision of Czech Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek to launch the television program "Ask Your Premier" in May 2005. Reason behind the decision of Paroubek; Programming schedule of the show; Remarks from Paroubek on his goal for Czech Republic.
- Leader of the Pack. Dusevic, Tom // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/6/2006, Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on Australian Prime Minister John Howard's term since March 1996, when he was first elected to the highest office in the nation. In its early days, Howard's Liberal-National coalition that replaced 13 years of reformist rule of the Labor Party was raw and clumsy. However, its...
- Israel: It's time to unify. Yetiv, Steve // Christian Science Monitor;5/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 116, p11
Analyzes the scheduled election of a prime minister in Israel on May 17, 1999. Impact of the Center Party; Need for the country to have a unity government in order to aid the peace process; Center Party led by Yitzhak Mordechai; Assertion that a unity government will decrease the influence of...
- Czech PM supports partner bill. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/23/2005, Issue 913, p36
Reports that Czech Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek supports a proposed same-sex registered-partnership bill and wants his party's members in the Chamber of Deputies to vote for it.
- CZECH PM SUPPORTS PARTNER BILL. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;7/1/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p21
Reports on the support of Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek to a proposed same-sex registered partnership bill, and wants his party's members in the Chamber of Deputies to vote for it in Czech Republic.
- Turkey's AKP breaks ice with HDP in first round of coalition talks. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;7/20/2015, p1
The article reports that Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet DavutoÃ°lu has completed the first round of coalition talks with other party leaders. It informs that Justice and Development Party (AKP) leader DavutoÃ°lu's visit to the headquarters of the Peoples' Democratic Party's (HDP) on July 15,...
- Turkish PM seeks joint declaration against terrorism. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;7/20/2015, p1
The article reports that Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has called on all four parties involved in coalition talks to submit a joint declaration denouncing terror and violence in the country. Davutoglu made the call at a press conference following a meeting with pro-Kurdish Peoples'...