Growth To Accelerate From 2006
- Slovakia: Domestic Consumption To Buoy Growth. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/23/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p16
The article stresses that the economic growth experienced by Slovakia in the first quarter of 2008 was driven by strong domestic consumption. Based on the article, the country's growth dynamics for the first quarter shows that its economy will be less dependent on exports and gross fixed...
- Slovak economic sentiment rises in September. // Regional Today;10/1/2013, p1
The article reports that the economic sentiment index of Slovakia increased from 89.8 in August 2013 to 91.2 in September 2013.
- Slovakia's economic sentiment falls in June. // Regional Today;07/01/2013, p2
The article reports on the decline in Slovakia's economic sentiment indicator to 90.8 in June 2013 from 92.7 in May 2013, according to the Central Statistical Office.
- Country Intelligence: Report: Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Dec2012, p1
The article provides an overview of the economic and financial condition of Slovakia as of December 2012. It forecasts that the nation's gross domestic product (GDP) growth will slow in the final quarter of 2012. It discusses the developments in Slovakia's foreign exchange rates, consumer...
- Growth Set To Slow In 2012 And Beyond. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
The article presents an economic growth outlook of Slovakia for 2012. It forecasts that the country's real gross domestic product (GDP) growth will drop to 2.9% from the previous 3.4% estimate, net exports will decline to 2.78 percentage points (pp), and private consumption will remain subdued...
- Slovakia: Economic Recovery To Underpin Banking Stability. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/8/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p16
The article provides an outlook for the economy of Slovakia in 2011. It states that the economic recovery of the country is supporting growth and stability in the banking sector. Total asset grow has remained low but has been improving throughout 2011. The improving economic situation facing...
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Recent Developments. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p9
The article reports on the economic condition of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its capital investment which affected overall gross domestic product (GDP) growth negatively in 2011.
- Slovakia industrial production growth slows in October. // Regional Today;12/11/2013, p1
The article reports on data from the Slovak Statistical Office which showed that the industrial production of Slovakia has risen 6.8 percent year-on-year in December 2013.
- April foreign trade surplus declines. // Regional Today;6/10/2014, p3
The article reports that the foreign trade surplus of Slovakia declined to 345.8 million euros in April 2014 from 548.8 million euros in April 2013.