The Yuan Effect
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Cyprus;Aug2007, p1
The article presents a profile of the Republic of Cyprus. Its area is 9,251 square kilometer with an estimated population as of 2006 of about 778,700 in the government-controlled area and about 264,172 in the area administered by the Turkish Cypriots. It has a representative form of government....
- External Sector: Recent Developments. // Turkey Country Monitor;Nov2011, p17
The article offers information on the external sector developments in Turkey in 2011. It mentions that current-account deficit burst from 20.226 billion dollars in 2010 to 45.343 billion dollars in the first half of 2011, which was driven by a credit-fueled domestic demand. Moreover, 6.5% dross...
- Overshooting Fiscal Targets. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses Mexico's nominal fiscal deficit hitting 2.9 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 due to expenditure growth not being capped and less likely to be contained with the run up to the 2012 general elections.
- Economic Structure and Context: Trade Profile. // Palestinian Authority Monitor;Nov2011, p6
The article offers information related to the trade activity in Palestine, wherein it highlights that the trade deficit of the country fluctuates at levels as high as 50-60% of the gross domestic product (GDP).
- The Current Account Deficit. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2002, p8
Focuses on the condition of the current account deficit in the U.S. Percentage of the current account deficit in the gross domestic product; Improvement of trade patterns; Market value for the negative net international investment position.
- The U.S. International Investment Position. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2002, p9
Reports the financing of trade deficits in the U.S. Net claims on gross domestic products; Promotion of productive investment; Degree of management control.
- Learning by doing and the dynamic effects of international trade. Young, Alwyn // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May91, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p369
Using an endogenous growth model in which learning by doing, although bounded in each good, exhibits spillovers across goods, this paper investigates the dynamic effects of international trade. Examining the interaction of an LDC and a DC, the latter distinguished by a higher initial level of...
- PENANG STATISTICS: QUARTER 4, 2013. // Quarterly Penang Statistics;Q4 2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 4, p1
Economic statistics are given for Penang, Malaysia in the fourth quarter of 2013 including gross domestic product (GDP) by sector, water output and consumption and trade balance.
- Trade Deficit A Problem. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
The article predicts that the trade deficit of Guatemala will deteriorate further in 2007. Merchandise trade deficit posted a 12.5% year-on-year in the third quarter of 2006. Exports rose by 21.6% year-on-year in the same quarter. The 2006 third quarter exports experienced the fastest growth...