RISK SUMMARY: VIETNAM
- Associations. Wrede, Kirsten // European Coatings Journal;2014, Issue 6, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the various reports published within the issue about corrosion protection and the electrochemical investigation methods for new zinc-free pigment with improved corrosion protection.
- Mapping Atmospheric Corrosion on Modern Materials in the Greater Athens Area. Kambezidis, Harry; Kalliampakos, George // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Mar2013, Vol. 224 Issue 3, p1
In this study, we investigate the corrosion effects on modern materials at various sheltered and unsheltered locations in the Greater Athens Area (GAA) due to atmospheric pollution, since materials deterioration could emerge severe economic costs in the near future. The preselected materials are...
- Corrosion protection. HELLYAR-BROOK, ROGER // Soundings: Real Boats, Real Boaters;May2014, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p56
The article offers information on the usage of zinc and aluminum alloys as anodes in salt water to generate more negative voltage than the protected metals in order to protect corrosion and mentions that difference in voltage measured must be greater than protected metal.
- SAUDI ARABIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the political and economic risks and business environment of Saudi Arabia for 2011 which includes the plan of the country to increase its role in the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the anticipated persistence of price inflation, and the perceived confidence of private...
- Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs. Blejer, Mario I.; Leone, Alfredo M.; Rabanal, Pau; Schwartz, Gerd // IMF Staff Papers;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p313
This paper argues that the IMF's traditional monetary conditionalityï¿½a ceiling on net domestic assets of the central bank and a floor on its net international reservesï¿½ should be adapted in IMF-supported adjustment programs with countries that have a framework of explicit inflation...
- Kenya's inflation is likely to fall back to the government's target range of 3.5 to 7.5% by early next year. // African Business News;10/9/2013, p27
The article reports on a finding by the International Monetary Fund that following high prices due to a new sales tax, Kenya's inflation is likely to fall back to the government's target range of 3.5 to 7.5%.
- CONSULTANTS' CORNER. Poslowski, Luke; Simpson, Charles; Way, Harry // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p122
Responds to queries on coatings. Ability of zinc dust to improve the corrosion resistance of organic coatings; Selection of grinding media; Size selection.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY SOLUTION FOR THE HOT DIP GALVANIZED COATINGS. Radu, Tamara; Ciocan, AnișOara; Balint, Simion; Drăgan, Viorel // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2011, Vol. 3, p53
Lead-free solutions for protective coatings as an alternative for ecological galvanized steel sheets obtaining were studied in this paper. The lead from zincing baths was eliminated and replaced with bismuth as non hazardous elements. Also other alloying elements (nickel, tin, and aluminium) in...
- plating clinic. Kushner, Arthur S. // Products Finishing;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p20
Answers several questions on plating. Possible causes of surface rusting of black oxide finishing of fasteners; Tips on the proper operation of a rhodium plating bath; Pointers in avoiding fingerprints in zinc plated parts.