- Uncertain Future In Czech Politics. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the uncertain future of politics in Czech Republic. The domestic political environment in the Czech Republic, stabilized from the government crises suffered in spring, is fairly benign, with all eyes focusing on what could be closely fought parliamentary elections. Given...
- Czech Youth: Eyes Right! // Transitions Online;5/31/2010, p5
The article reports about the elections in the Czech Republic. The Czech's born post 1989 will vote for the first time in parliamentary elections. The political system is healthy and has multiparty system. The elections are mentioned to take place free of charges of intimidation and fraud. The...
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2006, p23
Presents forecasts on political leaders and political parties in the Czech Republic. Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek; Civic Democratic Party; Czech Social Democratic Party; Vaclav Klaus; Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia.
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2006, p11
Presents comments and analysis of the political condition of the Czech Republic. Electoral chances of the opposition Civic Democratic Party in the June 2006 general election; Results of public opinion polls on the support for Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek.
- Gross and the art of patience. // Prague Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Comments on the in-fighting between Social Democrat party leaders in the Czech Republic. Question of public spending reform; Takeover of bank IPB; Global politics.
- Privatization to continue but parties differ on what, when and how. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p12
Focuses on the stand of political parties with regard to the privatization process in the Czech Republic. Importance of maintaining the strategic interest of the state according to the Communist Party; Policy on the sale of the shares of the state in Czech Telecom considered by the Social...
- Post-Zeman ...SSD will lack the force of a single, guiding personality. Machácek, Jan // Prague Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p8
Analyzes the political status of the Social Democratic Party in Czech Republic. Collaboration among the members of the party; Tolerance of political dirt and corruption within the party; Assessment on the leadership of Prime Minister MiloÅ¡ Zeman as a Social Democrat.
- The Coalition: What is it good for? What does it stand for? Macháček, Jan // Prague Business Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the role and importance of political coalitions in the Czech Republic. Scandals involving major political parties in the country; Behaviors of Czech voters toward politicians; Criticism against the political practices in the country.
- CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
The article presents political and economic news related to Czech Republic. Fresh allegations of financial scandal in the government threaten to undermine the efforts of Czech Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek to rescue his party after the political crisis earlier in 2005. The upsurge in global oil...