RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Hike At The End Of June? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article presents economic forecast for the Czech Republic for 2007 and 2008. Real wage growth and growing consumer demand are expected to fuel inflationary trends. Labor shortage could further increase real wage growth rate. The Czech National Bank is expected to increase interest rates by...
- The term structure of interest rates and future inflation. Kotlan, Viktor // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p36
Examines the term structure of interest rates in relation to development of future inflation in the Czech Republic economy. Postulates on the term structure of interest rates; Analysis of the change and level of inflation; Factors influencing the development of inflation in transition economies.
- Rate Cut Surprises Markets. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that the Czech National Bank (CNB) has its two-week repossessed rate by 25 basis points to 1.75% in April 2005, as a response to reduced inflation forecasts in 2006. Explaining the decision, which took most analysts and markets by surprise, central bank Governor Zdenek Tuma...
- Inflation Surprises To The Downside. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Czech Republic for 2007. The country's retail price inflation came in at 1.3% year-on-year in January which represented the lowest inflation rate for the past three months. The Czech National Bank indicated that a decline in interest rates is...
- Rising Possibility Of A Rate Cut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p18
Forecasts the currency rate possibilities in Czech Republic. Possibility of an interest rate reduction; Potential effect of interest rate increase on the economy; Inflation forecast of Czech National Bank.
- Macroeconomic management. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 4, p37
Presents several macroeconomic data and forecast on Czech Republic. Real gross domestic product growth; Inflation-control targets in conducting monetary policy; Influence of inflation in price expectations; Changes in the short-term interest rates.
- Executive summary. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jun2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 6, p7
The article provides an overview of the economic growth performance of the Czech Republic in 2005. Low inflation and interest rates have been the economy's strong for some time and policy is well prepared to meet the monetary challenges of euro entry. Deficits have been low but caused by revenue...
- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jun2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 6, p8
The article offers an assessment of and recommendations for the economic growth of the Czech Republic. The country's annual growth per capita between 2002 and 2005 is analyzed. Inflation and interest rates are also assessed. The estimated general-government deficit for 2005 is cited. A welcome...
- Low Inflation with Low Interest Rates. Horsk�, Helena // Czech Business & Trade;2005, Issue 9/10, p7
The article discusses the low inflation and low interest rate in the Czech Republic in 2005. A marked decline in the growth of consumer good price indexes was observed during the first half of the year. The Czech National Bank is holding the key interest rate at a historically lowest level....