RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- UKRAINE: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Aug2009, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p4
The article summarizes the country risk profile of Ukraine in 2009. Accordingly, the country's parliament favorably voted for setting the next presidential elections for January 17, 2010. Its industrial production continuously decreasing in May 2009, having 31.8% year-on-year. Moreover,...
- RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p2
The article presents a summary of risks to Thailand's politics, economics and business environment. A statement by army commander General Sonthi Boonyaratglin stating that the election may be postponed to early 2008 is a contradiction to Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont . The National...
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on the political, economic, and business risks in Vietnam including the reinforcement of its bilateral ties with Cambodia, the expected deficit of 30.1 trillion Viet Nam Dong (VND) in H111 in the fiscal budget, and the implementation of a new Minerals Law in July 2011.
- SRI LANKA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the country risk faced by the government of Sri Lanka including the denied appeal of Sarath Fonseka to keep his parliamentary seat, the budget deficit is forecasted to 7.6% of gross domestic product, and the removal of payment for construction cost.
- Country Risk Summary: SLOVENIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on economic and political risks facing Slovenia. The 'UDBA affair,' in which high profile politicians were publicly accused of having collaborated with the former Yugoslav secret police, the UDBA, had the potential to seriously destabilise the country's political structure....
- SRI LANKA. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p8
Presents a country risk summary on Sri Lanka. Removal of the ban on Tamil Tiger rebels by the government; Economic growth target of the country; Use of the privatization proceeds to finance the budget deficit.
- LIBYA: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Dec2009, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p5
The article presents updates on the political and economic risks of Libya and its business environment. The country has stopped issuing visas to Canadian citizens due to the controversial release of convicted Lockerbie bomber Adelbaset al-Megrahi. A budget shortfall equal to 8.9% of the gross...
- UKRAINE: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Dec2009, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
The article offers information on the political and economic risks in Ukraine. It states that the campaign for the presidential election is underway, with opposition leader Viktor Yanukovych is ahead of his rival candidates. Moreover, Kiev is planning to privatise Nadra Bank, the country's...
- Country Risk Summary: PARAGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Presents a country risk summary for Paraguay as of February 2003. Presidential and vice presidential candidates for the April 27, 2002 elections; Projected decline in the end-2002 fiscal deficit; Estimated amount of financial outflows.