- ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE (ECOSOC). // Europe: A Concise Encyclopedia;2004, p66
Information on the Economic and Social Committee (ECOSOC) of the European Union (EU) is presented. The ECOSOC has 222 members and 222 substitutes, nominated by the Member States. These members and substitutes are divided into three groups--employers, trade unionists and other interests.
- A Half Open Invitation. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
Reports that the European Union has invited ten countries to join the union in 2004. Requirements to be met by the countries to join the union; Reversal of Irish vote against the Nice Treaty on post-enlargement political arrangements; Possibility of some invitations being deferred at the...
- Merkezi ve Dogu Avrupa ï¿½lkeleri Iï¿½in Genislemeden Kaynaklanan Problemler. Ogurlu, Ebru // Journal of Academic Studies;Nov2004-Jan2005, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p71
The last enlargement process of the European Union (EU) which was completed on May 1, 2004 has been the biggest and the most ambitious project of the EU in its history. The decision to accept the Central and East European Countries (CEECs) to the EU as new members was a very important step to...
- Europe: The artificial nation. Buchanan, Patrick J. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/18/98, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p20
Comments on the experiment to create a single European nation. Attributes of the European Union as a nation; Bureaucracy and greed tying a single European nation; Consequences of the proposal to create a single European currency; Purpose of efforts to create a singe Europe nation with regards...
- European Union Overview. // International Debates;Feb2003, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p34
Provides an overview on the evolution and current structure of the European Union (EU) as of February 2003. EU as an institutional framework for the construction of a united Europe; Common policies; Establishment of the Maastricht Treaty on European Union; Budget; Chronology of EU development;...
- EU Expansion. // International Debates;Feb2003, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the benefits, criteria and process of European Union expansion. Political and economic benefits of enlargement; Membership applications; Accession criteria; Main principles behind the accession negotiations; Ratification process. INSET: Glossary of Selected Terms.
- A Choice of Europes. Calleo, David // National Interest;Spring2001, Issue 63, p5
Focuses on the plans of Europeans for a cohesive and independent Europe. Reality of the economic and military pre-eminence of the United States; Characteristics of the European Union; Models for organizing the Pan-Europe movement and their disadvantages.
- Foreign Affairs Ministry touts EU. // Hungary A.M.;10/18/2013, p7
The article presents the statement of the Hungarian Foreign Affairs Ministry on the European Union (EU) enlargement policy as a major attainment in integration and a precondition for development and stability in the immediate neigborhood of Hungary.
- CHRONOLOGY. // European Union Facts & Figures;2005, p81
The section presents a chronology of events leading to the formation and development of the European Union, from 1914 until 2004.