Dong Continues Modest Depreciation
- China: Yuan Depreciation A Growing Possibility. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/8/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p7
The article presents an outlook for the foreign exchange rate of the Chinese yuan in 2008 and 2009. In December 2008, the yuan experienced continuous weakening against the U.S. dollar. According to the author, the Chinese yuan's cross-rate provides clues as to the next level for the yen. A...
- Exchange Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2000, p8
Presents an update on foreign exchange rates as of November 2000. Decline of the euro against the United States dollar; Trend in the exchange rate economy; Implied volatility for the dollar-to-yen exchange rate.
- Weakening U.S. dollar a concern for Asian countries. // Wire Journal International;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p20
Examines the Asian impact of the weakening of the American dollar. Level of the weakening of the dollar against the yen and the euro; High level of America's current-account deficit; Decline of the value of Asia's dollar assets if the dollar continues to weaken; Concerns by Japan on the impact...
- Foreign Exchange Rates, 1970-2006. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p69
Several charts are presented that list foreign exchange rates from 1970 to 2006 including the values for the American dollar, Japanese yen and Euro.
- The Meaning of a Dropping U.S. Dollar. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/29/2004, Issue 47, p37
The article focuses on fluctuations in foreign exchange rates. The strength of currencies influences people who travel abroad. The U.S. dollar fell 24 percent against the euro and 15 percent against the Japanese yen since the beginning of 2003. Americans visiting or staying in foreign countries...
- Long Memory and Volatility Dynamics in the US Dollar Exchange Rate. Caporale, Guglielmo Maria; Gil-Alana, Luis A. // Multinational Finance Journal;Mar-Jun2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1/2, p105
This paper focuses on nominal exchange rates, specifically the US dollar rate vis-Ã -vis the Euro and the Japanese Yen at a daily frequency. In the paper both absolute values of returns and squared returns are modelled using long-memory techniques, being particularly interested in volatility...
- Raise the standard. James, David // BRW;6/20/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p48
Discusses various proposals to counter the impact of exchange-rate fluctuations around the globe. Proposal of Nobel prize winner for economics Robert Mundell for fixed rates between the U.S. dollar, yen and euro; Suggestion of bankers for a return to a de facto gold standard.
- Yen Bounce: Key Parameters To Watch. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p12
The article reports on the performance of the Japanese yen currency in December 2005. The value of yen against U.S. dollar has slightly increased on December 16. The exchange rate of yen against euro has also increased in December. Asian currencies was able to achieve strong increase as a result...
- Untitled. // Hungary A.M.;02/12/2013, p1
The article lists the foreign exchange rate of the Hungarian forints for the U.S. dollars, Japanese yen and euros as of February 12, 2013.