DATA & FORECASTS
- Thailand: Early Election Possible. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the increasing speculation that Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may call an early general election. Amount of money the government is spending on aid to several villages through its Small, Medium, Large village fund; Political accusations made by deputy leader of the...
- Thailand: Landslide Win, Yet Risks Remain. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p5
Examines the level of investment risks in Thailand. Implication of the landslide victory of the party of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Economic growth rate target of the prime minister; Move of the country's central bank to revise its economic growth forecast for 2005 because of the impact...
- Leader Biography/Photograph. // Thailand Country Review;2001/2002, p24
Profiles Thaksin Shinawatra, prime minister of Thailand. Personal background; Education; Previous positions in government.
- Thai PM refuses to resign. // BRW;3/9/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p97
The article reports on the refusal of Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to resign before the April 2, 2006 election.
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
This article overviews political, economic and business environment of Thailand as of May 2003. Veteran politician Banyat Bantadtan has replaced former Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai as head of Thailand's opposition Democratic Party.The party can now concentrate on winning support away from Prime...
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Highlights. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p3
Presents forecasts on the economy of Thailand as of October 2002. Expected recovery of the gross domestic product; Purpose of the cabinet reshuffle of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Opportunities for foreign investments in the country.
- THAILAND: Country Forecast: Highlights. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2006, p3
Forecasts the political and economic conditions in Thailand. Growth in the country's gross domestic product, inflation and current account; Political and economic problems experienced by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Consolidation of political power of the prime minister.
- Mega-Investment Programme Is Affordable. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has announced an ambitious program of public infrastructure projects aimed at boosting economic growth in the country. Significance of the rapid improvement in Thailand's fiscal position since the Asian financial crisis; Factors that affects the...
- THAILAND: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2006, p17
Forecasts the political and economic conditions in Thailand. Efforts of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to establish his Thai Love Thai party as the dominant political force in the country; Economic development program implemented by the government; Plan of the government to implement trade...