Rate Cut Surprises Markets
- Rising Possibility Of A Rate Cut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p18
Forecasts the currency rate possibilities in Czech Republic. Possibility of an interest rate reduction; Potential effect of interest rate increase on the economy; Inflation forecast of Czech National Bank.
- Macroeconomic management. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 4, p37
Presents several macroeconomic data and forecast on Czech Republic. Real gross domestic product growth; Inflation-control targets in conducting monetary policy; Influence of inflation in price expectations; Changes in the short-term interest rates.
- Further Rate Hikes Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
The article presents an economic outlook for the Czech Republic in 2007. The Czech National Bank increased its repurchase agreement rate to 2.75 percent during its monetary policy meeting on May 31. It is believed that inflationary pressures are likely to build up further, which will prompt...
- Inflation Surprises To The Downside. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Czech Republic for 2007. The country's retail price inflation came in at 1.3% year-on-year in January which represented the lowest inflation rate for the past three months. The Czech National Bank indicated that a decline in interest rates is...
- Hike At The End Of June? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article presents economic forecast for the Czech Republic for 2007 and 2008. Real wage growth and growing consumer demand are expected to fuel inflationary trends. Labor shortage could further increase real wage growth rate. The Czech National Bank is expected to increase interest rates by...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p7
The article focuses on the economic conditions in Czech Republic. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. consumer price growth measured 1.7% year-on-year in August, as the run of sub 2% inflation continued into its eighth month despite the buoyant economy. The absence of inflationary...
- Rates To Hold at 3.50%. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses economic and monetary policy outlook for Czech Republic. It is forecasted that the repo rate of 3.50 percent set by the Czech National Bank (CNB) will not be changed between 2008 and 2009. Predicted real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates for 2008 and 2009 are 4.2...
- Czech central bank retains interest rate. // Regional Today;06/28/2013, p2
The article reports that the central bank of the Czech Republic kept its benchmark interest rate the same for the fifth time in a row, after the economy contracted for six consecutive quarters through March 2013.
- Rate Hikes On The Horizon. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the economic condition in Czech Republic. It mentions that the Czech National Bank (CNB) has kept its standard repo rate unaltered at the monetary policy board meeting on September 23, 2010; however the bank will likely to raise its two-week repo rate due to consumer price...