- Primer on presidential election in Poland. // Political Intelligence Briefing;3/23/2015, p52
The article reports on the presidential election in Poland on May 10, 2015, with information on the country's political structure.
- The Soft Conservative. Kosc, Wojciech // Transitions Online;10/24/2005, p7
The article explores the presidential election that will be held in Poland in 2005. It implies the stability of the candidacy of Law and Justice Party candidate Lech Kaczynski. The results of an opinion poll are cited. It also features the support received by Kaczynski for his candidacy....
- Election Kaleidoscope. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that Polish political party, The Democrat Party (PD) is gaining ground ahead of elections now due in September 2005. The failure of Prime Minister Marek Belka's bid to precipitate early elections may have little eventual significance. Predicting the composition of the next...
- Co da Polkom tzw. ustawa parytetowa? Wawrowski, Lukasz // Studia BAS;Mar2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p141
The majority of members of various political bodies in Poland are men. This is why a lot of action aimed at changing the situation is now being taken. One of the most popular instruments for increasing women's political participation is the electoral quota/parity system. The article is an...
- Youthful Exuberance. Kosc, Wojciech // Transitions Online;11/5/2007, p8
This article looks at the role of youth in the October 21, 2007 election in Poland. According to the author, the participation of youth caused the defeat of the Law and Justice party in the election. He finds that the party attributed its defeat to overstressing what it achieved. In addition,...
- So what's it all about then? Matraszek, Marek // Warsaw Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p8
Discusses the September 23, 2001 parliamentary elections in Poland. Electoral battle between the Democratic Left Alliance and three other parties; Faction among members of the Solidarity Election Action party regarding its leadership.
- Opposition in Poland claims local election results rigged. // Regional Today;12/15/2014, p4
The article discusses claims from the leader of the opposition party in Poland that the results of the local elections were rigged and falsified.
- 25 Years of Freedom: Key Facts and Dates. // Warsaw Voice;Jun2014, Issue 6, Special section p7
A timeline is presented of events related to the Poland politics including first partially free parliamentary elections after the Round Table between the communists and other parties, meeting of deputies and senators to elect the president of Poland and presidential elections.
- A Theocratic State? Milosz, Czeslaw // New Republic;7/8/91, Vol. 205 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the political involvement of the church in Poland. Moral position achieved by the church; Factors contributing to the intensified social activism of the church; Comparison with the relationship between church and state in the U.S.; Opinion on the church's interest in questions of...