Industry Sector Drives Growth
- VIETNAM GOES GLOBAL. // Foreign Affairs;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p1
Presents an introduction to an article by Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Van Khai regarding Vietnam's progress toward World Trade Organization accession and Vietnam's relationship with the United States. Discussion of Vietnam as an emerging economy.
- 'SO MUCH TO DO' Cochrane, Joe // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/26/2004 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 144 Issue 4, p29
Profiles the country of the economic reformer. Vietnam flunked its first effort at economic modernization, in the early 1990s. Foreign firms rushed in to sell goods to the country's large, young population, but were stymied by the poor infrastructure and bureaucratic corruption, as well as the...
- Leader Biography. // Vietnam Country Review;2009, p33
The article offers information on the political career of the Prime Minister Phan Van Khai of Vietnam.
- Leader Biography/Photograph. // Vietnam Country Review;2001/2002, p21
Provides information on Phan Van Khai, Prime Minister of Vietnam. Date of birth; Place of birth; Previous positions.
- VIETNAM: BMI Political Risk Ratings. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2005 3rd Quarter, p4
The article reports that Vietnamese prime minister Phan Van Khai has declared support for Australia to join a new East Asia Summit, due to meet in Malaysia. During a visit to Canberra, Khai said he would attempt to convince other members of the Association of South East Asian Nations to back...
- Vietnam leader visits US. Skeffington, Robert; Le Mesurier, Kristen; Tandukar, Amita // BRW;6/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p81
Reports on the visit of Vietnam Prime Minister, Phan Van Khai to the U.S.
- RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
The article presents a political and economic risk profile of Vietnam as of June 2005. Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Van Khai has declared support for Australia to join a new East Asia Summit, due to meet in Malaysia for the first time in December. During a visit to Canberra, Khai said he would...
- Political Conditions. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Vietnam Country Review;2013, p9
The article offers information on political condition of Vietnam post the election of Phan Van Khai and Tran Duc Luong as new Prime Minister and President, respectively in 1997.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p12
The article provides an economic outlook for Vietnam in 2006.