High Oil Prices A Major Risk To Economy
- Oil price eases. Skeffington, Robert; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;8/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p81
Reports that oil prices have eased off at the month of September 2004.
- PPA Gathers in Hershey, Pa., for Annual Meeting. UPTON, NICHOLAS // Fuel Oil News;Nov2014, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses the highlights of the Empire State Energy Association's joint convention, trade show, and annual meeting on September 24-26, 2014 in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Highlights mentioned include the welcome remarks from Pennsylvania Lieutenant Governor Jim Cawley, an update from Oil...
- CLOSING THE ENRON LOOPHOLE: A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE. Corley, Mike // National Petroleum News;Apr2008, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p16
The author reflects on the "closing the Enron loophole" initiative, wherein there is a variety of relatively new exchanges operated internationally with less transparency and oversight compared to the more traditional exchanges. There are fears that oil prices are vulnerable to manipulation in...
- No news is good news on prices. // Commercial Motor;11/32005, Vol. 203 Issue 5151, p24
This article reports on the stable prices of fuel in Europe as of November 2005 despite the onset of hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico which has caused major disruption to oil production. Prices in Spain, the Czech Republic, Germany and Poland have not changed from last month. The highest...
- Fuel Direct could be an effective tool. Gallacher, Audrey // Utility Week;2/11/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p13
The article offers information on Fuel Direct, a government-funded scheme, managed by the Great Britain Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This scheme aims to assist consumers facing financial hardship to cope with energy debt due to the result of high oil prices. The article also discusses...
- INTERNATIONAL PETROLEUM AND U.S. MARKET. Hassan, Mostafa F. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Autumn74, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p109
Focuses on the international petroleum trade and the U.S. market. Factors that contributed to the dominance of oil producing firms; Details on changes in relative power of oil exporting countries; Description on the supply shortage and the U.S. market; Information on oil price increase in 1973...
- Foreign. // Finance Week;3/22/2004, p5
Reports that U.S. crude oil prices has reached their highest level in 13 years in March 2004.
- Reasons for optimism. // BRW;7/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p50
Focuses on reasons for optimism on the petroleum industry in the United Arab Emirates. Increase of oil prices; Progress on Palestine issue.
- AFRICA TAKES CENTRE STAGE. Ford, Neil // African Business;Feb2006, Issue 317, p24
The article presents information on the oil and gas sector in Africa. High prices will continue to remain as well as its increasing demand. The oil reserves of oil-income dependent African countries begin to run out.