- MONETARY INGRATION AND COUNTRY RISK OF THE EU NEWCOMERS BULGARIA AND ROMANIA. Fink, Gerhard; Haiss, Peter; Oeberseder, Magdalena; Rainer, Wolfgang // 11th International Conference on Finance & Banking: Future of th;2007, p1
After severe economic crises in the mid-nineties Bulgaria and Romania managed to improve their economic performance in the last decade. Consequently, the two new EU members became attractive investment targets for foreign direct investment and economic integration with the EU rose. However,...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2005, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p11
This section offers update on issues relating to political and economic risks in Latvia as of May 2005. The local government elections were held in Latvia on March 12, 2005. The People's Party and New Era, which form the government at the national level, had emerged as first and second in terms...
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the political and economic condition of countries in Latin America as of March 2004. Short-term political risk of the region; Short-term economic risk.
- RISK SUMMARY: PERU. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
The article presents a risk summary including political, economic and business environment for Peru. Its short-term political risk rating is 80.6 and improvements in poverty reduction and income distribution are needed to amend long-term risk rating. While, the economy is improving with a rate...
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
The article provides an overview of political risk, economic growth, and business environment in Panama, as of January 2009. The government of President Martin Torrijos approved changes to the penal code to prevent the increasing crime problem. "Lloyd's List" noted that transport bank DVB has...
- RISK SUMMARY: HONDURAS. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article provides an overview of political risk, economic risk, and business environment in Honduras, as of January 2009. It states that the surprise victory of Mauricio Villeda in the primary elections of the Partido Liberal (PL) appears to be facing serious divisions. Facts indicating that...
- RISK SUMMARY: IRAN. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on the political and economic activity in Iran as indicated in the risk summary report of the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). According to BMI, the country's poor scores in its new political risk ratings has reflected security threats coming from Iraq and...
- INTRODUCTION. // Montenegro Household Survey;Aug2001, Issue 2, p6
Presents information on the economic condition in Montenegro as of June 2001. Influence of the break-up of Former Yugoslavia wars on economic growth; Causes of economic downturn; Information on economic shocks experienced by the country.
- Country Risk Summary: BARBADOS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
Presents the country risk summary of Barbados as of January 2005. Criticisms raised by the Democratic Labor against the ruling of the Barbados Labor Party; Amendment of the Local Loans Act; Importance of tourism to the economic growth in the country; impact of natural disasters on its economy.