Executive Troubles Take Hold
- Spring Cleaning. Jedras, Jakub // Transitions Online;5/10/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of Polish Prime Minister Marek Belka in his first week in offce in May 2004. Challenges faced by Belka; Information on political parties in the country; Overview of the plans of Belka for the country.
- Poland: It's Time For Action, Mr Belka... // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/28/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the victory of Prime Minister Marek Belka in the general election in Poland in 2004. Number of parliamentary vote of confidence won by Belka during the election; Political party that supports Belka; Forecast on the country's period of short-term asset weakness.
- Poland: Passing the Torch. Kosc, Wojciech // Transitions Online;3/7/2005, pN.PAG
Reports on the state of Polish politics and government as of March 2005. Plan of Prime Minister Marek Belka to move from the ruling Democratic Left Alliance to the Democratic Party; Enhancement of the anti-government rhetoric of the opposition parties; Vision of the Democratic Party for Polish...
- Warsaw's Leadership Upheaval. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
The tenuous position of the minority SLD-led government in Poland has been compounded by confirmation that Prime Minister Leszek Miller will resign from office with effect from May 2, 2004. In accordance with the constitution, President Alexander Kwasniewski has confirmed that he will nominate...
- POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Dec2004, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p4
This article reports political and economic developments in Poland. Polish Prime Minister Marek Belka survived a vote of confidence in Sejm in October 2004. With the crucial support of the Social Democracy for Poland party, the government secured its tenure until mid-2005 by 234 votes to 218....
- Poland: Miller's Last Dance? Kim, Inessa // Transitions Online;3/1/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Polish prime minister Leszek Miller to resign as leader of the Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) party in 2004. Reason behind the decision of Miller; Candidates for the post to be vacated by Miller; Problems faced by the SLD.
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p4
The article presents economic, political and business development news related to Poland. It reports that Prime Minister of Poland Marek Belka has announced his intention to step down as the head of government in May, and is expected to support a motion calling for the dissolution of parliament...
- Poland: Miller Says 'Enough.'. Kim, Inessa // Transitions Online;3/29/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the resignation of Leszek Miller as prime minister of Poland. Ineffectiveness of the Polish government in addressing political and economic problems; Major reason for his resignation; Information on how to bring stability to the country.
- T-Bond Pressures Remain In Poland. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/7/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Assesses the impact of elections resulting from the parliament's approval of reappointed Prime Minister Marek Belka on the bond market in Poland. Political risks affecting the authority of Belka within his own political party; Effect of parliamentary elections on Economic Minister Jerzy...