THIS MONTH'S TOP STORIES
- RISK SUMMARY: ARGENTINA. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p3
The article presents political and economic risk outlooks for Argentina as well as offers business news. The country's political risk rating is lowered because of the resignation of economy minister Martin Lousteau. The 2009 real gross domestic product growth forecast is revised. Veloxia was...
- Warsaw's Leadership Upheaval. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
The tenuous position of the minority SLD-led government in Poland has been compounded by confirmation that Prime Minister Leszek Miller will resign from office with effect from May 2, 2004. In accordance with the constitution, President Alexander Kwasniewski has confirmed that he will nominate...
- Executive Troubles Take Hold. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2005, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p4
This article looks at the implication of the planned resignation of Polish Prime Minister Marek Belka effective May 5, 2005 for the incumbent Democratic Left Alliance(SLD). This resignation is consistent with Belka's plan to have an early schedule for the parliamentary election in Poland. His...
- Conventional Wisdom: Think Again. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);1/24/2011 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 4, p19
Several significant issues and events from the U.S. and around the world as of March 2011 are presented, including the referendum in Sudan, a new study which claims scientific proof for seeing the future, and the resignation of the president of Tunisia.
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Aug2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p1
Presents information on the regional risk profile of different countries in the Caribbean area as of August 2004. Trend in short-term political and economic risk; Event that will dominate the political agenda of Puerto Rico; Impact of the resignation of Puerto Rican Labour Secretary Frank...
- Madagascar: PM Resignation Paves Way For Crisis Resolution. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the resignation of Madagascar's Prime Minister Albert Camille Vital and his cabinet in order to bring political stability to the country which has been rocked by political crises since the 2009. Several summaries on topics including political risks, economic risks, and...
- Beers bombs in the Middle East. // Marketing Week;3/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the resignation of Charlotte Beers as under-secretary at the U.S. State Department. Reason for Beer's decline from the position; Role she gained on real legitimacy and focus as part of the war on terrorism; Launched campaign on the shared values for Muslims and Americans.
- Lone Christian in Palestinian cabinet quits after violence. Green, Michelle // Christian Century;7/11/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p19
The article reports on the resignation of Christian Palestinian cabinet member Judeh Murqos due to the escalating factional violence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. His resignation as tourism minister was issued after Hamas militants fired rocket-propelled grenades into a security headquarters...
- Discord in Kennett's ranks. Murphy, Damien // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/25/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6099, p30
Reports on the resignation of posts in the Kennett government in Victoria, Australia. Roger Prescott leaving over auditor general legislation; Elizabeth Proust and Michael Vertigan leaving at the end of their terms; Impact on the Kennett government.