RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND
- THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2004, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on political risk in Thailand. Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has vowed to eradicate the corruption that pervades the Thai government. In a televised address, Thaksin promised to reward those who named corrupt officials. Higher oil prices pushed Thai imports to a record...
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the political and economic risks in Thailand. The People' Alliance for Democracy of Thailand has conducted a protest regarding Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's appointment as Cambodia's Economic Advisor. Thai export has posted a remarkable growth in 2009 despite the...
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
The article provides an overview of the political risk, economic risk and business environment in Cambodia. Cambodia's Prime Minister and Laos Prime Minister has agreed to settle border conflicts and rise up economic co-operation. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, appointed economic...
- Five Political Risks To Watch. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a political outlook in high risk events for 2012 in Asia. It notes the high-profile trial on India's 2G Ltd. telecommunication scandal that have cost the government 39 billion dollars. The possible return of the exile of ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra which continues...
- Thai politics on Colombian path? Ingram, Simon // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 69, p6
Reports on an investigation into the attempted assassination of Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Presents news related to economic, business and political developments in Thailand. Information about the visit of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to the conflict-torn south amid escalating violence; Prediction by Thailand's central bank chief about the hike in interest rates; Establishment of...
- POLITICAL RISK: Lingering Tensions. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the current political conditions in Thailand as of 2009. Although the political turmoil has somewhat decreased following government protests and the change of administration in 2008, the political atmosphere of the country remains susceptible. It also offers insight on the...
- Interest rate a benchmark for a country's risk? Engelbrecht, Piet; Luus, Christo // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p43
Discusses the benchmarks for a country's sovereign risk. Use of interest rate; Strength of a country's currency.
- RISK SUMMARY: JAMAICA. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p5
The article presents a summary of country risk for Jamaica as of December 2010 including the increase in the threat level of criminal violence against domestic law enforcement members, importance of tourism to the country's economy and computerisation of the justice system.