RISK SUMMARY: VIETNAM
- Influenza preparedness plan: vaccine production and availability. // WHO Drug Information;1999, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p235
Reports that the World Health Organization has devised an Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Plan against outbreaks of influenza. Vaccine production and availability; Separate but complementary roles of WHO and national authorities when an epidemic or pandemic is imminent or actually occurs.
- Influenza virus vaccines: Southern hemisphere 2008. // WHO Drug Information;2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p290
The article gives information on regulations by World Health Organization (WHO) for influenza virus vaccines for regions in southern hemisphere. It states the compositions of the vaccines to be used during the influenza season in 2008. It mentions that the national control authorities should...
- Will SARS return? // Patient Care;Oct2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the call by the World Health Association for vaccination of people to prevent the risk for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Advantages of having an influenza vaccine for people; Actions that must be taken by health care workers to control the spread of the disease; Challenge...
- Supply of influenza vaccine insufficient in China. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;9/18/2010, Issue 612, p2
The article reports that there is an insufficient supply of seasonal influenza vaccine for the target population in China, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- WILL THERE BE AN AVIAN FLU VACCINE? Shutt, Robert D.; Spak, Cedric W. // Cortlandt Forum;Apr2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p31
The article provides information regarding the availability of vaccines that prevent avian influenza. According to the World Health Organization, no vaccines are expected to be available after the start of the avian flu pandemic. Large-scale commercial production of vaccines will not be...
- Influenza vaccines. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;11/26/99, Vol. 74 Issue 47, p408
Focuses on the recommendation of World Health Organization on the composition of influenza vaccines for use in 2000 in the southern hemisphere. Validity of the recommendation; Inclusion of H3N2 component in vaccines; Availability of vaccine with H3N2 component for the southern hemisphere.
- WHO announces 1996-97 flu vaccine formula. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun96, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p187
Reports on international experts' announcement of a new composition of the influenza vaccine for the 1996 to 1997 season during a meeting at the World Health Organization (WHO) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Formula for the vaccine recommended by WHO; Areas affected by influenza epidemics...
- WHO announces flu vaccine formula for 1998-1999. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun98, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p193
Reports that the World Health Organization (WHO) has made changes to the flu vaccine formulas for 1998-1999. Information on the changes that were made; Reason for the changes; Details on the influenza virus; Indication of the three types of the virus; How the vaccine is administered;...
- WHO recommends ingredients of next season's influenza vaccine. // Nation's Health;Apr95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p14
Announces World Health Organization (WHO) recommendation for a new composition of the influenza vaccine for 1995-1996 season with two components changed from 1994. Preventive measures of vaccine's use suggested in some person; Countries' participation in the latest WHO formulation; Contact points.