Tsunami May Prompt Regional Cooperation
- Indonesian death toll continues to rise after twin disasters. Gelineau, Kristen // Pipe Dream;10/29/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the increase of death toll of people who died due to tsunami that struck in Indonesia in 2010.
- Man-made terror pales next to higher power. Schwab, Robert // ColoradoBiz;Feb2005, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the impact of the Indian Ocean tsunami attack on the business performance of several companies in Aceh, Indonesia. Effects of the destruction of the buildings on the sales of the firms; Factors causing the death of several Muslim people; Concerns over the lack of operating capital.
- 'I couldn't see sister's body' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/14/2005, Issue 2648, p6
The article reports that Mullinga Khuenjana, a receptionist at the Sheraton Grand Laguna, Phuket in Thailand, spent three clays attempting to locate her sister's body after she was killed by the tsunami in Khao Lak. Her sister worked in the spa of the La Flora hotel and was killed when she...
- Editor's note. Seymour, Lesley Jane // Marie Claire (US Edition);Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p13
The article presents the author's experiences of visiting the December 2004 tsunami hit areas of Thailand. I came to know through Dr. Panpimol Lortrakul, the psychologist in charge of tsunami orphans for the Thai government, that 600 children lost one parent, and 100 lost both; three months...
- Region lacks warning system. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;1/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p18
No abstract available.
- The realities of nature. Myers, Burt // Ontario Out of Doors;Feb2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on natural disasters. It is the dark side of nature that lingers just at the edge of your peripheral vision. When the tsunami hit southeast Asia on Sunday, December 26, 2004, it is the real thing. Fear rose up from the depths of the ocean and became a wall of death that...
- Six Months After the Tsunami, Still Picking Up the Pieces in Aceh. Gee, John // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p40
The article reports that men outnumber women in many of the villages and towns of Aceh, Indonesia overwhelmed by the December 26, 2004 tsunami. A survey conducted by Flower Aceh, a local NGO, has revealed a startling disparity in the ratio between the sexes in the localities where it has been...
- PETRAâ€™S STORY. Bennett, Leslie // Vanity Fair;May2005, Issue 537, p216
Relates the experiences of Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova during the tsunami disaster in Thailand in December 2004. Death of Nemcova's boyfriend, British photographer Simon Atlee; Reaction of Nemcova when Atlee's body was identified as one of the casualties; Role played by Atlee in Nemcova's...
- Tsumani. Lennon, Stephen // Provincetown Arts;2005/2006, Vol. 20, p154
Presents an article about death in relation to a tsunami in Banda Aceh, Indonesia. Description of the city; Casualties brought about by the tsunami; Foreign aid extended to the victims of the tsunami.