Tsunami: The economic impact for Thailand
- Argentina: Macro Policies To Hit Merval. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
The article provides an economic outlook for Argentina in 2008. According to the forecast by BMI, they see some downside potential for the Merval equity index and financial stocks will weigh on the bourse in the coming years. It is noted that the policies of Argentina's President Cristina...
- Singapore: Straits Times Index -- An ASEAN Favourite. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/25/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p6
The article presents an outlook for Singapore's Straits Times Index (STI) for 2011.
- Czech Republic: Further Upside For Equities. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/10/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p14
This article predicts further gains for the Czech Republic's PX equity index in 2011, as well as divergent performances across Central European equity markets.
- Equities: South Africa And Mauritius To Continue Gains. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/10/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p21
This article predicts continued gains for equity indices in South Africa and Mauritius during the early months of 2011.
- Morocco: Further Losses Ahead For MASI. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/3/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p17
The article predicts further losses for the Moroccan All Shares Index (MASI) in 2011.
- Equities: Short-Term Gains In Broader Downtrend. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/5/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p9
The article provides an outlook on Latin America's equities market in 2011. Latin American equities are said to recover in recent trading after a significant sell-off. A short-term bullish move to the upside has been continued to imply in Brazil, Chile and Peru, but more downsides are expected...
- Europe: Stocks Looking Weak Across The Region. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/22/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on the performance of several European stock indices as of June 2009. It is predicted that further downside could be expected due to the consolidation seen across emerging European stock markets, which already broken through key support levels. The Russian RTS equity index is...
- Europe: Neutral Czech And Hungarian Equities. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/6/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the status of the Hungarian BUX equity index. On July 2, 2009, the index rallied to trade at 15,106 at one point. As a result, the short-term outlook on the index has been changed to neutral from bearish, stressing that resistance between 16,600 and 17,000 will be key. A...
- Nigeria: Equities -- Rally Potential. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/23/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p22
An outlook for the Lagos All-Share Index (LASI) of Nigeria for 2009 is presented. Support is not expected should the index break below 19,000. Since the index peaked, the LASI has not yet seen a bear market rally. A possibility of a more enduring rally is cited as the LASI approaches 19,000. The...