Tsunami: The economic impact for Thailand
- Argentina: Macro Policies To Hit Merval. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
The article provides an economic outlook for Argentina in 2008. According to the forecast by BMI, they see some downside potential for the Merval equity index and financial stocks will weigh on the bourse in the coming years. It is noted that the policies of Argentina's President Cristina...
- Singapore: Straits Times Index -- An ASEAN Favourite. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/25/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p6
The article presents an outlook for Singapore's Straits Times Index (STI) for 2011.
- Czech Republic: Further Upside For Equities. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/10/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p14
This article predicts further gains for the Czech Republic's PX equity index in 2011, as well as divergent performances across Central European equity markets.
- Equities: South Africa And Mauritius To Continue Gains. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/10/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p21
This article predicts continued gains for equity indices in South Africa and Mauritius during the early months of 2011.
- Morocco: Further Losses Ahead For MASI. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/3/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p17
The article predicts further losses for the Moroccan All Shares Index (MASI) in 2011.
- Equities: Short-Term Gains In Broader Downtrend. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/5/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p9
The article provides an outlook on Latin America's equities market in 2011. Latin American equities are said to recover in recent trading after a significant sell-off. A short-term bullish move to the upside has been continued to imply in Brazil, Chile and Peru, but more downsides are expected...
- Europe: Stocks Looking Weak Across The Region. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/22/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on the performance of several European stock indices as of June 2009. It is predicted that further downside could be expected due to the consolidation seen across emerging European stock markets, which already broken through key support levels. The Russian RTS equity index is...
- Macro Factors Weigh On Local Stocks. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an economic outlook for Puerto Rico in 2007. The author states that the Puerto Rican Stock Index (PRSI) has endured a disappointing performance in the past years. PRSI investors are hoping for an upturn after two years of sustained losses. The factors that led to the poor...
- Shares surge -- economy doubts. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;9/15/2003, p68
Examines the world share markets. Global economic outlook; Stock indexes; Interest rate cuts.