RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Czech Economy Grew by 2.4% in 2nd Quarter Year-on-Year. // Czech Business & Trade;2011, Issue 3, p10
The article presents an analysis on the economic growth of the Czech Republic in the second quarter of 2011. It mentions the decrease of state budget deficit in July as well as the unemployment rate in the country in June. It also notes on Czech National Bank's (CNB) forecast for the public...
- Low unemployment in the Czech Republic: `Miracle' or `mirage'? Gitter, Robert J.; Scheuer, Markus // Monthly Labor Review;Aug98, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p31
Explores the reasons for the low unemployment in the Czech Republic. Historical background of Czech Republic; Overview of the economic policies during the economic transformation; Factors that contributed to Czech's low unemployment.
- Czech-ing The Deficit. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;5/26/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
As highlighted at the end of last week's article on the Czech Republic, the one major risk to further domestic asset appreciation comes from a potential breakdown in the structural reform impetus.In fact, the authorities are currently pressing ahead with proposals to prepare the economy for...
- LOCAL DEVELOPMENT IMPLICATIONS OF PORK-BARREL: A CASE STUDY OF A CZECH DISTRICT. HÁNA, DAVID // Acta Universitatis Carolinae Geographica;2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p73
The purpose of this article is to contribute to the study of parliamentary grants (also known as "pork barrel") through a case study focusing on the grant application process from the perspective of municipal representatives and the perception of the grants' development potential by inhabitants...
- Czech Parliament Approves Broad Fiscal Reforms. Kozakova, Pavla // Transitions Online;10/6/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the approval of the proposed financial reform package of Czech Republic leader Vladimir Spidla as of September 30, 2003. Criticism of the proposed budget cuts; Current state deficit; Comment from Czech National Bank governor Zdenek Tuma regarding the reform.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p2
Reports on economic and political developments in Czech Republic as of November 2002. Law on rental properties prepared by the Regional Development Minister Pavel Nemec; Privatization of Unipetrol; Law granting immunity to foreign troops.
- Stimulus Plan To Push Budget Deficit Higher. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
The article presents an economic outlook for the Czech Republic for 2009. In January 2009, the Czech Finance Ministry posted a budget surplus of Czech koruna 480 million. Expenditure declined by 5.2% year-on-year while revenue also fell down by 14% year-on-year. Spending growth is expected at 5%...
- Interest rates face further cuts. GREENE, ANDREW // Prague Post;8/15/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 33, pB2
The article reports on the data released on August 8, 2012 which shows 8.3% increase in unemployment rate in Czech Republic due to the weak economy.
- Resistance Builds To Deficit Reduction. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the economic conditions of Czech Republic in the year 2003. Increase in budget deficits; Measures taken by the government to minimize the budget deficits; Factors responsible for economic recession.