Myanmar: Country Conditions: Background
- Myanmar: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2004, p59
Presents information on Myanmar. Geography; Ethnic and racial divisions; Political parties; Foreign relations.
- The Extremism of Buddhism in Myanmar. Bin Uzayr, Sufyan // International Policy Digest;Aug2014, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p59
The article focuses on the extremism of Buddhism in Myanmar. Topics discussed include Myanmar od Burma which is undergoing transformation in terms of on the political, economic and social frontiers; government of Myanmar proposed a law that seeks to impose a virtual ban on religious conversions;...
- Myanmar' Human and Economic Crisis and Its Regional Implications. Matthews, Bruce // Southeast Asian Affairs 2006;2006, p208
The article analyzes the regional implications of the socio-political and economic crises in Myanmar (or Burma). Because it is one of the largest producers of heroin and amphetamines in the world, the country is a threat to regional security. Countries neighboring Myanmar face problems relative...
- Myanmar. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2011, preceding pPRI-1
A political risk report for Myanmar as of December 2010 is presented. The country's overall standing in the Global Political Risk Services (PRS) Risk Index is provided. Highlights of the forecast for Burma include a moderate to very high risk of turmoil in international business, 3.8% real gross...
- Media: Live issue - Regime change could make Myanmar the next Vietnam. Hicks, Robin // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/19/2007, p107
The article presents information on the implications of a change in regime in Myanmar for the advertising and media firms. The article makes specific reference to recent protests and their suppression by the military rulers of the country. It is stated that though normalcy has returned to...
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Burma;Dec2007, p1
This article presents information on the Union of Burma. Its climate is tropical monsoon and southwest monsoon from June to September. The estimated population of Burma in 2007 was 57.6 million. This entry also includes information on the country's main cities, ethnic groups, religion,...
- Country: Burma. // 1990 CIA World Factbook;3/1/2006, p161
The article presents information about the political and economic conditions in Burma. Details are presented on the political parties and elections held in the country. Information about the country's gross domestic product (GDP), exports and imports, industrial production, agriculture and...
- Myanmar: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2005, p11
Analyzes conditions in Myanmar as of January 2004. Comment and analysis on domestic issues; Political situation; International relations.
- Background Note: Burma. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Burma;Oct2004, p1
Presents information on Burma as of October 2004. Characteristics of its geography; State of its economy; History of the country; Type of government.